|Job Ref:||204593303||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:36|
Design Assistant |
My Client is a Leading Housing Developer looking for a Design Assistant that has a keen interest in House building. Due to continued expansions, they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Design Assistant to join their Team in the South West.
* To assist the Layout Designer in obtaining planning consents in accordance with the Region's objectives
* To programme workload to ensure all tasks are performed and information available at the required time. To complete information in a professional organized manner.
* To attend meetings for departmental reviews.
* To prepare and distribute information required for Pre-Tender meetings. To ensure that other departments within the Company are in a position to carry out their function.
* To develop CAD drawings to produce high quality design drawings, accurate legal conveyancing drawings and provide a working base for Engineering, Landscaping and Brochure production functions.
* To check legal land purchase plan on site and report any discrepancies/encroachments/peculiarities to the Legal/Land Departments.
* To liaise with the Design Engineer on the optimum road patterns, standards and site difficulties involved.
* To make any suggested agreed changes form the Management Meeting to the scheme and consult again with the Planning Authority and make any changes required by the Highway Authority.
* To progress the application to ensure that the anticipated planning consent is met.
* To assist with the administration of the discharge of planning conditions.
* To attend the Planning Committee meeting or site meetings as required.
* To prepare additional information if required by the Planning Authority for the submissions - street scene, house type elevations, plans etc.
* To prepare key portfolio drawings and plot information upon the successful. planning submission and arrange for distribution.
* To brief the Architectural Technician when variations are required to standard house drawings to meeting detailed Local Planning Authority Design concepts.
* To help prepare Design and Access statements.
* To prepare traffic management plans.
* To provide a support service to the Design team in assisting with the issuing of information to the Region.
* Liaison with all key internal and external contacts.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however...we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer, acting in the capacity of an Employment Agent for this position. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence