|Job Ref:||204594561||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gatwick||Address:||Post Code:||RH6||Salary:||£38000 - £45000/annum Car pension bonus scheme||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:54|
Site Engineer - Covering Sussex Area|
Salary 30-40k plus package, Dependent on experience
My client is one of the leading companies in its field founded over 50 years ago they have one of the best reputations in building Highways and Infrastructure in the UK. Due to a steady increase in work flow they are now recruiting for an experienced Site Engineer to work within their Sussex Region with at least 3 years minimum experience working and setting out on Highways.
The main purpose of the Site Engineer is to progress the construction process and assist in delivering the project.
* Setting out using total stations, GPS equipment, and to be able to undertake traditional setting out using profiles, batter rail and pegs
* Read and review construction drawings
* Undertake basic take-off's
* Raising technical queries with designers and other members of the client team
* Have a good commercial understanding and know the difference between cost and value
* Carry out relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification
* Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, they pride themselves on being a first class firm and for they need first class people!
They are seeking a proactive problem solver, a confident communicator, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of earthworks, drainage, highways, and some experience of reinforced concrete structures. Must also have a CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification.
Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is essential and the successful candidate will be happy to travel throughout their Sussex Region.
A First Aid at Work qualification would also be desirable.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK