|Job Ref:||204412831||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Kilburn||Address:||Post Code:||DE56||Salary:||£52000 - £58000/annum +Bens||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:39|
Due to steady growth, my client, a well-established main contractor, has a current requirement for an experienced Project Manager.|
The successful candidate must have proven experience of Project managing large site teams, to include: 2-3 Site Managers, RLO's, direct labour operatives and Sub-contractors. In addition, experience of delivering large scale, multi million pound refurbishment works within social housing is essential, with experience in all or the majority of these main works:
Scaffold, roofing, Solar Panels, windows/doors, EWI & Render, painting, Enabling works (IRS, electrical, plumbing), boiler/heating, bathrooms.
Candidates must live within a reasonable commutable distance of Kilburn. You must also have a valid driving License and be prepared for some travel to other sites/offices as required.
Due to the nature of the works a strong working knowledge of project programming and self delivery is essential. You must have proven experience of being able to control high volume material schedules and not just manage sub-contractors who in turn manage their own materials.
Please read the below summary for the role. Unfortunately those candidates that do not meet the essential criteria below will not be considered.
Overall Purpose of the role:
• Ensure the delivery of multi million pound refurbishment projects on time and on budget, whilst to the clients' satisfaction.
• Ensure the co-ordination of site management, operatives, sub-contractors and suppliers in a planned, controlled manner whilst ensuring efficiency of the works and minimizing costs.
• Management of project timescales and planning; communicating changes to all relevant parties
• To prepare and keep an up-to-date project plan
• To identify and gain approval for variation orders when deviating from the agreed project specification.
• Monitoring of project budgets, including sub-contractor and material invoices, and the application of variation orders.
• Responsibility for the application and monitoring of all Health and Safety practices associated to the project-including induction and site safety.
• To attend regular update meeting with client, Senior Management and Project Coordinators, providing clear and concise documentation and progress plans.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget and achieve high levels of customer service.
• Ensure the timely delivery of management information and project reporting.
• To build sound working relationships with clients and Sub-contractors for future works.
• ***Must have good IT skills with working knowledge of MS Office Suite Inc. Excel, and Microsoft Project
• ***Strong ability to program and maintain program.
• ***experience of self delivery - control material etc. Not just Managing Sub-contractors.
• ***experience of overseeing multiple packages (ideally with a focus on external facades).
• Experience of large scale 'lived in' external refurbishment works.
• Experience of working as a main contractor Project Manager or equivalent on large scale Social Housing Projects
• Working knowledge of the building and maintenance industry
• Knowledge of Health and Safety practices
• Excellent team working, communication and organizational skills
• Confidence and ability to engage with the Senior Management Team.
• Full Driving License.
Unfortunately those candidates that do not meet the essential criteria above will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to each application individually. If you have not had a response within 21 days, please conclude that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful