|Job Ref:||204325098||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Telford||Address:||Post Code:||TF4||Salary:||£50000 - £75000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:07|
Job Description - We are looking for someone with a Construction background / and advantage a Modular background.|
Job Title: Design Director
Construction /Modular industry
Role Location: Telford with occasional travel to our London office
Main function: Managing the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise along with managing a team of Designers.
• Managing the design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
• Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and obligations in the development of a building design
• Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate
• Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
• Striving to eliminate health and safety and financial risks in the design and construction process.
• Manage the design deliverables in accordance with construction requirements and clients expectations.
• Issue and review drawing and specification documentation.
• Represent the design team when necessary at meetings both internal and external.
• Ensure the implementation of IMS procedures within the CAD department.
• Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design;
• Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way;
• Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate;
• Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales;
• Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
Key skills required:
• Good forward planners
• Architectural / Design or technical background is not essential but is advantageous
• In-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project
• Knowledge of software and skill including using 2 & 3D CAD / other 3D modelling software such as Revit, Vertex and Tekla as necessary and BIM (Building Information Modeling).
• Good working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015
• Good communication and people skills
• Excellent motivational and leadership skills
• Work well under pressure
• Ability to present ideas effectively
• Able to evaluate ideas of others
NO AGENCIES PLEASE