|Job Ref:||86043BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Maryland||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 04:03|
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Division is seeking a Chief Engineer (CE) who is a dynamic and innovative leader, with proven and recognized leadership experience in product development and program capture. The major role for this position is to develop advanced communications and IFF products along with capturing business for next generation software defined multi-function Radio Frequency (RF) capable systems. This position reports through the Systems Verification Center. The person in this position will have two primary internal customers; the TCS Product Area Chief Engineer (TCS PACE) and the Aberdeen Site Executive/IFF Product Director. The person filling this role will reside in Aberdeen, MD but will direct report to the hiring manager who resides in Fort Wayne, IN. |
This position is for someone with visionary thinking, primarily for the purpose of executing existing contract scope and creating and growing the Tactical Communication Systems (TCS) program area for programs, systems, products, and technology. The CE will work with internal and external customers to define new strategic directions, guide staff on technology advancements, and provide expertise across the TCS organization. The CE will also contribute to the broader Integrated Communication Systems (ICS) mission area, and support other Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business areas for customer and product expertise.
The CE will originate, develop and conduct briefings to internal leadership, internal and external customers, and participate as a lead or team member in typical system engineering processes and practices throughout the entire system lifecycle. This includes concept design, analysis, requirement development, integration and test planning, and fielding. One key duty is to build high performing high efficiency teams that are geographically diverse and multi discipline. Other duties include project planning and development, technology transitions to production, and technology maturation.
The CE will provide direction to teams located in Aberdeen MD and Largo FL, and will work closely with adjacent CEs in the TCS product line to optimize processes and streamline execution in obsolescence redesign and production sustainment. The CE will also work with Technical Directors in creating strategies / roadmaps along with Program Leadership and Business Development.
• Minimum 12 years related experience with the job description
• Minimum 12 years of experience with military hardware and software design and development/production.
• Strong demonstrated skills interfacing, communicating and presenting to all levels of the organization including senior level executives and customers including excellent written and oral communication skills for larger groups.
• Experience leading multiple teams of technical experts and engineers coupled with technical problem solving.
• Proven ability to lead teams to resolve technical problems and resolve personal conflicts and personality issues.
• Solid working knowledge of Earned Value Management and Risk and Opportunity management.
• Demonstrated business acumen and ability to develop and maintain forecasts and to partner with adjacent functions
• Active DoD Secret clearance with investigation within five years
• Fluent in trading key performance parameters for a variety of technology options and appreciate their impact on cost, schedule, programmatic, and capture risk.
• Experience developing new and novel concepts leading to the capture and execution of technology maturation and development programs, transitions into real products and deployed systems
• Demonstrated experience in developing long term technical strategies
• IFF design and test experience
• Working knowledge of Environmental, EMI and TEMPEST testing
• FAA/TSO and AIMS certification experience
• NSA Crypto Certification experience
• Export/Import regulation experience
• International business experience
• Wireless network, cyber protection or platform integration
• Experience and existing relationships with personnel at US ARMY CECOM
• BS Degree in Physics, Math, Science, Engineering or related technical field
• Master's Degree in Business Administration
• MS Degree in Physics, Math, Science, Engineering or related technical field
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
Type Of Job
MD - Aberdeen