|Job Ref:||204600409||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX18||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:27|
My client is a full-service video and interactive communications company. They make anything that moves (web apps, websites, elearning, video, animation) and a few things that don't (print, and the occasional board game).|
My client is looking for an experienced Ruby developer to join their dynamic development team. They might just be Oxfordshire's best-kept secret, in a beautiful location with a wide range of innovative and challenging projects for some brilliant clients (e.g. BMW, Barclays, Rolls-Royce and InterContinental Hotels). My client works in a forward-thinking Agile development environment with the latest technologies and processes, and theyre looking for a talented developer to join them!
You'll have 4+ years of commercial experience, working in projects using Ruby on Rails, Linux, Heroku, PostgreSQL and other back end technologies. Your personality and attitude is important too. You'll be professional, assertive and well-organised with the ability to prioritise, delegate and multi-task under pressure, because they have multiple projects going through the development team at any one time. A sense of humour and a sense of perspective would be hugely beneficial too. As would a love of cake.
* An excellent understanding of Ruby on Rails, Linux, Heroku, AWS and associated back end tools and technologies
* A solid understanding of networking tools and technologies such as SSH and VPN
* Proven experience of testing approaches and tools like RSpec and Cucumber
* A strong understanding of mobile web development, debugging and optimisation (Native app development an advantage)
* Solid experience of Git for version control
* An excellent understanding of database technologies, object-orientated programming and design patterns (PostGreSQL a distinct advantage)
* Conscientious and team focused, happy with peer review and pair programming.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation