|Job Ref:||204600288||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Malvern||Address:||Post Code:||WR14||Salary:||£27000 - £32000/annum £27-32k + benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:43|
JOB TITLE: Internal IT Support (Servers, Networks, Infrastructure, Applications)|
My client is a successful company who require an IT Support person to support and develop their IT infrastructure and services including servers, networks, desktops and systems administration.
It's an exciting time of growth for the business so you must be able to manage your own project workload alongside day to day administration and support tasks.
You should be able to operate autonomously, using your technical understanding and experience to ensure my clients internal servers, networks and systems are optimised to support their business needs current and future.
This role is varied but will include:
- Windows server installation and set up.
- Set-up and management of users, services, licensing and upgrades.
- User hardware and software support, trouble-shooting and problem-resolution.
- Management and optimisation of network (LAN and WAN), routers, switching etc.
- Managing network security, firewalls, backups, anti-virus etc.
- Routine and preventative systems maintenance.
- Proposing and costing solutions and developments.
- Applying your knowledge to other systems i.e. telephone systems.
The successful candidate will have a good breadth of technical experience including:
- Windows Server administration, virtualised servers (VMWare etc.)
- Good Windows (up to 10) desktop and application support experience.
- Practical network management and development (Firewall, Cisco switches, cabling etc.)
- Able to work closely with other staff but also manage your workload and work autonomously.
- Able to self-educate and keen to learn new things.
- Able to work in a structured, logical manner, liaising with external providers where appropriate.
Desirable additional experience would include virtualisation, email, storage and backup solutions and working with remote sites / users.
We are looking for a candidate who can offer a solid range of generalist technical skills who is particularly strong on infrastructure. In addition we need someone who can turn their hand to what's required, has a positive attitude and 'no job is beneath me' approach.
This is an interesting and varied role that you can really make your own and contribute your ideas and thoughts to the future internal IT strategy of the business