|Job Ref:||204600138||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oldbury||Address:||Post Code:||WV16||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:43|
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's leading parcel delivery companies as an IT Solutions Architect, based at their offices in the West Midlands. |
Job Title - IT Solutions Architect
Location - West Midlands
Salary - £Competitive
As the IT Solutions Architect, you will report to the General Manager - Solutions Architects, and the prime goal will be to support business change by transforming requirements into innovative IT solutions. You will undertake the design of solutions to meet business requirements and strategic IT goals.
* Engage with business stakeholders to understand the main goals and present possible options in order to help refine the boundaries of initiatives.
* Engage with external companies for supply of software changes as necessary.
* Define the solution architecture for projects that deliver these initiatives.
* Communicate the architectural design to business stakeholders.
* Support programme level decision making.
* Define how the various existing applications will be modified, what new applications will be deployed and how they will integrate in order to deliver the desired business outcome.
* Design solutions that are aligned to the DPD Architecture Framework.
* Provide support to the Technical Architects during low level design.
* Ensure that solutions are delivered as approved by development and delivery teams.
* Demonstrate experience and expertise in logistics / supply chain to mentor and review the detailed designs by the designers and technical architects.
* Provide issue resolution during the detailed design and delivery progress.
* Provide solution architecture consultancy and support to various stakeholders on an as-needed basis.
* Participate in the development and on-going operation of the DPD Architecture capability, such as technical and design standards, processes and governance.
The Successful Candidate will:
* Ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent.
* Have experience as a Solution Architect for large and complex solutions involving multiple applications.
* Have a track record of successful delivery of applications focused solution architectures with strong experience in logistics / supply chain.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication combined with effective presentation skills and ability to adapt communication style to stakeholder, to allow for collaboration and negotiation for positive outcomes.
* Be experienced with the design of data stores using SQL and/or NoSql database technologies, as well as web service design and/or development REST.
* Have experience working to architecture frameworks such as TOGAF.
* Have infrastructure experience (servers, storage, network, virtualisation, telephony systems etc.).
* Be experienced with the design and development of applications in a multi-tiered environment.
* Reflect the company 'core values'.
Grad Central is a new service aimed at matching the best graduates with companies across the West Midlands and is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you have not previously registered on the Grad Central website, by applying for this role you agree to be automatically added to our database of job seekers. You will be issued with log-in details to your own Grad Central account where you can update your profile with your job preferences, set up job alerts and access our bank of helpful job hunting information.
If you do not wish us to hold onto your details you can delete your profile from our database by logging in and following the relevant options.
We do not pass on any information to third parties. Please refer to our website for our full terms and conditions