|Job Ref:||204599725||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£350 - £450/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:43|
C++ Developer / Virtual Reality / VR / Games Developer / Principal VR Developer / Contract / Remote|
A highly successful software and hardware company are looking for an experienced and talented principal C/ C++ Developer to innovate a virtual reality experience, based on ultra-low latency wireless tracking and display technology.
The successful C/++ Developer / Game Developer will be an experienced Virtual Reality Developer and a strong generalist in the field of game programming. Experience with motion control development or video codec experience would be a benefit.
This is a remote contract position so all the work can be completed from home, and the occasional trip to their head office in Cambridge will be required to meet the team.
The C/C++ Developer / Game Developer will also need to be a proactive self-starter who wants to take control of this exciting new project.
The key requirements for the C/C++ developer include:
- At least 3+ years game/VR development industry experience
- Bachelor`s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Maths, or Engineering
- Virtual Reality development experience (Oculus Rift, Vive, Playstation VR, or Gear VR)
- Self-starting and a high level of professional responsibility
- Strong technical and communication skills
Your main responsibilities as the principle C/ C++ Developer will include:
- Prototype, design, and implement new virtual reality engine APIs
- Tackle ANY necessary programming tasks required to ship fully working demos of the new VR APIs
- Review new product requirements, provide feedback, and contribute to project planning activities
If you are available for contract work within the next three weeks then please apply to this advert for immediate feedback on your CV.
This is a long term contract position, paid at a competitive day rate.
C++ Developer / Virtual Reality / VR / Games Developer / Principal VR Developer / Contract