|Job Ref:||204599559||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55000 - £70000/annum exceptional bens||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:43|
Senior Technical Lead,|
The Senior Technical Lead will be responsible for carrying out the detailed technical analysis required throughout the lifecycle of the system. Working alongside Application Services, the programme team, vendors, system administrators and business Product Owners this role will form a key part of a virtual, global team delivering a Global Knowledge Platform to the group.
Working within Application Services, the post holder will support the Software Development team, the Development Server team, User Administration, Testing, Control, Security and Business Support teams as well as IT support and the Server and Storage team. He or she will also support third-party system implementers and consultants. He or she will report to the Applications Services Manager but may be matrix managed by a relevant project manager for individual tasks.
The primary function of the role will be to assume responsibilities as the Global Solution Lead for the Global Search capability.
* Data analysis, logical and physical technical design in support of projects delivering systems developed or customised in house.
* Analysis to design the configuration of Knowledge content management workflow including implementing global information sharing rules and document sharing across regional systems.
* Using Recommind Decisiv's CORE administration module and content management administration tools to configure the software to Knowledge Management's requirements.
* Co-ordination of multiple vendors to deliver development workstreams within the Global Search programme and in BAU post full launch.
* Creation of technical documentation and provision of education/knowledge transfer for IT and Business Support teams.
* In cooperation with the Security team, implement and maintain data security best practices in Recommind Decisiv and content management tools.
* Providing third line support for production by providing fixes for live issues that require a configuration change or which IT or Knowledge Management support have been unable to resolve and have escalated, including Data Quality issues.
* Building good working relationships with the software and infrastructure development teams, and with the Business Support teams.
* Any other reasonable duties requested by the Applications Services Manager.
* Conformance with the change control policy and other relevant standards and procedures.
* Being part of the team which provides technical solutions to enable Knowledge Management to achieve their business goals.
* Being part of the team to deliver and explore additional sources and uses for Recommind Decisiv for the groups benefit.
Skills and Experience Required
* Experience as a System administrator responsible Recommind Desisiv or equivalent Indexing platform software and/or document management systems.
* Expertise with solutions utilising SharePoint including experience of data migration.
* Experience in implementing and supporting content submission, management and sharing solutions.
* Experience in working across separate legal entities with region specific requirements whilst maintaining a global view.
* Experience in working with multiple vendors and AGILE software development methodologies (eg SCRUM)
* Experience of the following:
* supporting enterprise business applications on Java and other web related technologies (AJAX, XML, Java script, Internet protocols, networking, firewalls)
* Web-based applications (running on Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Websphere)
* Windows Systems and Architecture (inc, SharePoint, Active Directory, Exchange, MS SQL Server)
* Writing knowledge base items for use by IT and Knowledge Management team.
* SQL query skills
* Strong team worker with ability to manage multiple urgent issues in parallel
* Experience in working within a matrixed global team.
* Customer focused with ability to communicate with non-technical users
* An interest in and aptitude for application development beyond system configuration
* Degree or equivalent, or relevant work experience.
* Aptitude for problem solving, attention to detail and good documentation skills
* "Can do" attitude