|Job Ref:||204599367||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Farnborough||Address:||Post Code:||OX17||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:44|
Working on behalf of a Cloud Services Company based in Farnborough Aatom recruitment are looking for an experienced NOC Engineer on a permanent basis. Salary £25-35K depending on experience. |
Fantastic opportunities within this newly created Operations Centre team for a NOC Engineer based within our technical operations team. Part of a 24/7 shift team working on a 5-week rota - and it's a good shift pattern too!
* As a senior member of the NOC, you will be expected to technically mentor your team, prioritising work to meet service targets including: ◦Performing second pass problem determination and troubleshooting of all Incidents.
◦Making recommendations and taking recovery actions as directed.
◦Execution of Changes and Restores.
◦Maintain handover logs, ticket updates and the creation of regular & on demand reports as required.
* Other tasks and responsibilities will be given as necessary which may not at present be recognised but will ensure the successful operation of the company where flexibility is paramount.
* This is a Shift role that includes Night, Weekend and Bank Holiday working. You will also be required to be part of an informal standby rota.
* Proven successful track record of within the IT or related industry
* Excellent OS skills (Windows/Linux)
* Working knowledge of VMWare and virtualisation
* Working knowledge of Network technologies
* Proven analytical skills
* Experience of running a business critical platform in a 24/7 environment
* Experience with helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment.
* Disciplined, organised and self-motivated.
* Excellent Communication skills
* Keen attention to detail
* Strong customer service orientation
* Ideally Degree qualified
Base salary + Shift allowance of £5.3k + Free Friday Breakfasts, healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension, life assurance, cycle to work scheme. At our Farnborough site access to onsite restaurant and gym facilities.
Pension, Parking, Commission/Bonus, Childcare Vouchers
Excellent OS skills (Windows/Linux), Working knowledge of VMWare and virtualisation, Working knowledge of Network technologies, Experience of running a business critical platform in a 24/7 environment, Experience with helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment