|Job Ref:||204599080||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Salary:||£28000/annum + bonus + benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:44|
Lumesse provides Talent Solutions to more than 2,300 organisations in over 70 countries enabling them to engage and nurture the best talent in an ever-changing and demanding global environment and is now seeking an IT Support Engineer based in Luton LU1 3LU to join its expanding team.|
With our unique and highly adaptable Talent Solutions, our customers are well prepared to capitalise on the fast evolution of new technologies and disruptive business conditions, making talent management their business advantage. Each year, Lumesse process more than 50 million job applications and enable our customers to fulfil more than a million vacancies. Lumesse is an ambitious, innovative and successful organisation operating worldwide. But we are also a people-friendly business that is proud to be different - different in our culture, our values and our approach to employees and customers.
As the IT Support Engineer your duties will be to:
• Provide technical assistance to internal staff for solving software, hardware and network issues across a range of Windows and Mac platforms.
• Develop and apply expertise in Microsoft Active Directory and associated services.
• Staff in a professional, client-focused manner while working both in a team setting and independently with limited direction.
• Maintain and update information accurately across several systems, including support tickets, processes and inventory management.
• Order new equipment and services for end users.
• Maintain our Windows Server and enhance our IT solutions as a member of project related teams.
• Interact and communicate with colleagues across a number of countries.
• Seek opportunities to improve IT services within Lumesse.
• Ensure company standards on hardware and software are consistently applied, raising orders for software as appropriate to meet licensing needs.
• Work together with your colleagues on companywide IT projects.
• Develop our IT infrastructure.
• Provide, configure and maintain PC and laptop equipment to standard configurations.
To be a successful IT Support Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Proven track record of supporting computers and servers, running Windows OS and Mac OS in a Windows domain environment.
• Excellent experience with supporting MS Office applications.
• Experience with standard network protocols such as TCP / IP, DNS and DHCP.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with OS deployment and application installation.
• Experience with support systems and remote desktop technologies.
• Will be required to travel to destinations within Europe if necessary.
• Preferable experience with MS Data Protection Manager, Hyper-V and Cisco switches and firewalls, and Avaya PBX.
In return, the IT Support Engineer will receive a salary of £28,000 per annum plus a bonus and benefits