|Job Ref:||204594855||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£26 - £32/hour Negotiable||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:09|
If you have at least a years experience working as a team manager in an Adults team, we have a locum role in Weymouth at Dorset County Council|
Main Job Role
1 Lead, manage and be accountable for the work of a designated team/s in accordance County Council's policies and procedures within the range of agreed delegated duties.
2 Lead on the development of appropriate business strategies and special projects across diverse subject areas, to support the work of a designated service area.
3 Represent the service area at internal and external groups and be responsible for the outcome of relationships with a wide range of contacts to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the service being provided.
4 Take decisions leading to the setting of work standards for others leading to changes in procedures or practices.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
* Allocate and manage the work of the team, delegating case accountability and supervision to the Assistant Team Manager as applicable.
* Provide an effective and efficient assessment and care planning service by the team through monitoring and evaluation against quality standards, performance targets and Directorate policy and practice.
* Participate in team duty and referral taking systems as appropriate.
* Maintain essential electronic and manual records, providing information for statistical purposes.
* Act as a member of the Management Team with a focus on assisting the Service Manager in the identification of service needs, producing strategic plans and ensuring the contribution of team members in the development of new services.
* Purchase and commission services from the private and independent sector as required including subsequent monitoring, review and evaluation of service delivery.
* Undertake the full range of people management activity for all designated teams/staff.
* Assist in providing in-service training and training opportunities for social work students and students of other disciplines within the training policy.
* Chair case conferences, reviews, child protection conferences (where appropriate) and other meetings as determined by the Service Manager.
* Undertake local office management responsibilities.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in the Directorate, statutory, voluntary and independent sector agencies.
* Exercise powers delegated by the Directorate's Scheme of Delegation or as determined by the Service Manager.
* Contribute to the provision of a response to civil emergencies as required.14. Where the post is based within the Children's Services Directorate, responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
* Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
The nature of the responsibilities of the post is such that the post holder will be subject to demands for services which exceed resources available, resulting from which there are likely to be risks accruing to service users and therefore the Directorate. There will be requests for immediate advice and executive decisions about situations of risk and complexity and demands by the organisation for participation in other aspects of work.
There is a requirement to travel between locations and to respond to service demands including duties arising from Civil Emergency procedures, outside normal working hours.
At Caritas we offer all our locums a dedicated personal and professional service with free DBS check. We are always on hand to assist you in anyway that we can. This includes reviewing your CV or providing interview advice. We also offer some of the most competitive rates of pay. Once you have experienced our high levels of service if you refer our details to a friend we have bonus reward scheme.
If you are interested in the role or would simply like some further information please contact Billy Reeves today at (url removed)