|Job Ref:||204598086||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lisburn||Address:||Post Code:||BT28||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:44|
Responsible for development and delivery and implementation of major software components for complex solutions which are fit for purpose. The successful post holder will have an awareness of overall client business requirements and their impact on the company and client commercials. |
This position requires a self-motivated embedded C/C++ Developer who thrives in an environment with minimal management whilst working closely with other members of the team. You will design, develop and maintain reliable products throughout the project life cycle. This role would be perfect for an experienced C++ developer who enjoys creating robust & efficient embedded applications which make a big impact on their end users. You will challenge yourself to find ways of improving systems and process and develop new features using agile methods to meet challenging customer needs.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Product Development - Embedded software;
* Design and develop software and associated tests ensuring highest quality
* Develop product feature using an agile methodology as part of a skilled team
* Work effectively within team, but also individually to reach agreed business objectives
* Coordinate and Collaborate within multi-cultural team members where necessary
* Produce clear and concise documentation such as detailed design specifications
* Integrating and testing functionality with other parts of the system
* Minimum 2:1 Degree in Computer science / software engineering, or equivalent discipline
* Minimum 4 years C/C++ development experience on embedded platforms
* Good understanding of real time operating systems.
* Ability to use debugging tools to locate root cause of issues and ability to resolve
* Motivation to create high quality products and systems and learn new skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Master's degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or an equivalent third level qualification in a related technical field
* Experience developing low level device drivers on embedded hardware
* Familiarity with embedded hardware design * Working in an agile environment and exposure to test driven development
* Basic knowledge of scripting languages, preferably python
* Familiarity with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, ZigBee and CAN
* Experience installing and configuring development tools / environments
* Strong mathematical skills
* Familiarity with digital signal processing algorithms and methods including FFT, digital filters, re-sampling
* DSP algorithm optimization (for example ASM, SIMD and VLIW instruction set) for resource-limited platforms
* Familiarity with control theory (PID controller etc.)
* Code maintenance for "product quality" projects (Static code analysers, Code refactoring)
* Ability to communicate effectively in English with clients and colleagues.
* A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines.
* Quality focused