|Job Ref:||204595764||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£40188 - £44208/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:47|
Highways England is the new Government company that operates, maintains and improves England`s network of motorways and major A roads. This network is around 4,300 miles long and while it represents only 2 per cent of all roads in England by length it carries a third of all traffic by mileage as well as two thirds of heavy goods traffic, making it the backbone of the country.|
We have around 3,500 staff based in seven offices around the country including a uniformed Traffic Officer service in control centres and patrolling key areas of the network. Highways England is held to account by two bodies who act on behalf of the public - The Office of Rail and Roads monitor the performance of our highways and Transport Focus champion the needs of road users.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: (url removed)
*This is a nationwide opportunity*
To be responsible for the specification, development and implementation telecommunications solutions to support a wide range of current and future roadside traffic technology including Signs and signals, speed and lane enforcement equipment, and CCTV systems. . The role is likely to involve the development of new transmission solutions including wireless based transmission solutions.
- Drafting task briefs for developing new solutions against a set of technical requirements
- Managing a portfolio of projects that support delivery and development of reliable and efficient transmission services
- To ensure timely and accurate financial control, governance and reporting across all activities
- Developing business cases for taking forward capital developments in support of new transmission solutions to meet business need
- Support the evaluation of technical solutions to meet current and future transmission services
- Specify technical requirements and standards for telecommunications solutions
- Provide expert technical advice to other parts of the Agency and their supply chain on telecommunications constraints and issues relating to the deployment of telecommunication services on the Highways England road network
- Work with the Team Leader to support delivery of a portfolio of technology project and influence business planning and the development of services to customers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have an engineering or other relevant degree and membership of a relevant professional institution or experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Electrical engineering, telecommunications, computer systems or related technologies and/or systems development, architectural principles of systems, solution architecture, or related systems engineering methodologies
- Significant experience of working successfully within a project management discipline (AGILE, PRINCE2 or equivalent)
- ITIL V3 qualification and an awareness of ITIL service model and appreciation of national and international standards used by highways authorities for traffic control and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
- Ideally experience of applying relevant technical expertise to innovative technologies to highways, to provide cost effective solutions for traffic management. Including :
- Recent experience of working with regulatory bodies, being up to date with regulatory proposals and changes e.g. OFCOM consultation on 5.8 GHz spectrum usage.
- Proven experience of the development and validation of test and trial specifications
- Proven experience of solution integration via FAT and SAT with authorising sign off
- Recent experience of managing an outsourced partner relationship
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert (Above).
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment