|Job Ref:||204595324||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Any HE regional office||Address:||Salary:||£40188 - £44208/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:47|
Highways England is the new Government company that operates, maintains and improves England`s network of motorways and major A roads. This network is around 4,300 miles long and while it represents only 2 per cent of all roads in England by length it carries a third of all traffic by mileage as well as two thirds of heavy goods traffic, making it the backbone of the country.|
We have around 3,500 staff based in seven offices around the country including a uniformed Traffic Officer service in control centres and patrolling key areas of the network. Highways England is held to account by two bodies who act on behalf of the public - The Office of Rail and Roads monitor the performance of our highways and Transport Focus champion the needs of road users.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: (url removed)
*Nationwide position, will consider candidates across UK*
The role will require the ability to travel to the NRTS contractor office on a weekly basis and occasional travel elsewhere in the UK with possible nights away.
The role will also involve participating in the call-out rota to handle and communicate escalated NRTS faults to senior managers within TTD (for which there are agreed on-call allowances).
NRTS Service Delivery team is responsible for managing and monitoring performance of the NRTS contract to ensure a high quality telecommunications service is delivered to Highways England.
The NRTS Performance Manager is critical in ensuring that Highways England receive value for money by driving performance and managing a programme of regular and ad hoc audits on the performance of the NRTS services, systems and processes and managing the non-compliance and service credit regimes.
- Attend and be an active member of the weekly HE/GeneSYS NRTS Governance meeting with GeneSYS counterparts
- Monitor and report on NRTS contract service availability and performance each month
- Manage a core Specialist Technical Consultant team (7+) with regards to the NRTS Audit, Non-Compliance rectification, Quality Assurance,
- Manage, plan and enact the HE NRTS audit programme and associated governance processes
- Oversee the GeneSYS Internal Audit
- Manage the NRTS (both HE and GeneSYS initiated) Non-Compliance regime and processes
- Manage and produce the monthly contract Audit and Non-compliance tracker for inclusion in the meetings
- Manage, plan and enact the HE Authority Exit Survey (AES) from planning to completion and enactment of any remediation through to full rectification
- Manage the NRTS HE/GeneSYS Quality Assurance programme
- Manage the NRTS Service Credit Regime
- Scrutinise and manage subsequent approval of the monthly Marginal Service Charge payment
- Manage and maintain the NRTS project risk and issues register in conjunction with NRTS team and STC members and review on a monthly basis
- Lead NRTS work on monitoring metal and equipment theft, working with GeneSYS and Highways England National Resilience team and Police Fusion Unit (recently disbanded) to promote measures to mitigate risk and implement preventative tools
- Provide the NRTS Service Delivery Leader with monthly information (SWOT analysis, cost savings and efficiencies identified) to enable monthly TTD business scorecard to be updated (as requested)
- Provide upwards reports on NRTS performance and delivery on a monthly basis
Knowledge, Skills and Relevant Experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of or experience in a relevant technical area: Electrical engineering, telecommunications, Traffic Technology, computer systems or related technologies.
- ITILv3 or experience of working in a service management environment
- Experience of successfully managing a range of projects and the ability to work within a programme management discipline
- Experience of Stakeholder Management, IT Management and Service Management
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert (Above).
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment