|Job Ref:||204595174||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£20000 - £28000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:32|
Application Support Analyst - Oracle - PL/SQL - SQL - Databases|
A leading global not-for-profit organisation in Cardiff requires an Application Support Analyst.
The Analyst Programmer role is responsible for developing and supporting systems, ensuring that software products are designed and built efficiently. This position is situated within the Application Support team of the IT Development section and reports to the Application Support Team Leader. The Development team is responsible for ensuring that applications developed are reliable and meet end user needs. This development includes technical design, analysis, write up of specifications, programming, unit testing, and documentation for users working within a scrum team. Application Support will include technical troubleshooting. This post requires extensive liaison with other staff in the IT department, end users and helpdesks business wide.
* In response to incidents raised, troubleshoot, analyse, develop and amend computer systems using appropriate analysis and programming skills, according to specification, user or technical requirement
* Unit-test system features developed to ensure that software is in an acceptable state for system testing
* Conduct demonstrations and reviews with end-users to ensure that they are able to use the systems effectively after deployment
* Liaise with end users to ensure that the service meets their needs
* Identify opportunities to minimise the number of support calls.
* IT related qualification or experience in an IT discipline, with the ability to demonstrate experience of analysing and developing complex IT systems, including troubleshooting, in a professional environment
* Experience of working closely with end-users in order to elicit and document detailed system requirements
* Communication of technically complex issues effectively to non-technical staff
* Experience of working in an IT support environment with IT helpdesk systems, such as ServiceNow or Remedy, is highly desirable
"Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this advert"
For more information on the company and a detailed job specification please apply now