|Job Ref:||204594995||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£40188 - £44208/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:32|
Highways England is the new Government company that operates, maintains and improves England`s network of motorways and major A roads. This network is around 4,300 miles long and while it represents only 2 per cent of all roads in England by length it carries a third of all traffic by mileage as well as two thirds of heavy goods traffic, making it the backbone of the country.|
We have around 3,500 staff based in seven offices around the country including a uniformed Traffic Officer service in control centres and patrolling key areas of the network. Highways England is held to account by two bodies who act on behalf of the public - The Office of Rail and Roads monitor the performance of our highways and Transport Focus champion the needs of road users.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: (url removed)
The North Regional Manager position must be based in one of the following offices: Leeds, Manchester or Birmingham
The role will require the ability to travel to the NRTS contractor office on a weekly basis and extensively across the UK, spending regular nights away.
The role will also involve participating in the call-out rota to handle and communicate escalated NRTS faults to senior managers within TTD (for which there are agreed on-call allowances).
Working closely with the National Roads Telecommunications Services supplier, the NRTS Regional Manager will be responsible for the smooth and efficient delivery of road telecommunications services to Smart Motorway, Pinch-point and Regional schemes and projects.
- Attendance at Smart Motorway, Pinchpoint and Regional project
- Resolution of risks, issues and disputes between NRTS and scheme projects
- Provide technical advice to schemes, projects sponsors and their supply chain
- To review and approve all scheme pricing quotes and applications for payment
- To ensure NRTS services are deployed in line with technical and contractual requirements
- To participate in Audits of the NRTS supplier to ensure the integrity and quality of NRTS services is preserved
- Represent NRTS at various forums and stakeholder meetings
- Work with the Team Leader to influence business planning and the development of services to customers
Knowledge, Skills and Relevant Experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of or experience in a relevant technical area: Electrical engineering, telecommunications, Traffic Technology, computer systems or related technologies
- ITILv3 or experience of working in a service management environment
- Experience of successfully managing a range of projects
- Experience of Stakeholder Management, IT Management and Service Management
- Application of the above in a highways engineering environment
- Current valid driving licence
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert (Above).
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment