|Job Ref:||204594658||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bracknell||Address:||Post Code:||RG12||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:47|
One of our clients a Major Retailer based in Bracknell are currently looking for a Teradata DBA to join them on an initial 6 month period with likely extensions.|
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
* Providing 3rd line support for incident , problem and change via the work queues in ServiceNow
* Reducing the number of problems and incidents by making appropriate changes
* Support and promote strategic IT Service Management policy and processes throughout Waitrose IT.
* Ensure support documentation is kept up to date
* Provide training and mentoring to less experienced DBAs within the group.
* Offer out of hours support for the Teradata Appliances on a rota basis
Essential Technical / Business Skills :
* Strong Teradata DBA skills - preferably TD15 or TD15.10. At least TD14.10.
* Experience of scripting housekeeping and maintenance activities.
* Experience of using TASM for workload management.
* Experience of developing management reporting on workloads and resources.
* A good understanding of ITIL IT Service Management.
* Experience of working with Teradata and T@YS to records and progress incidents.
If this does look in line with your skills and experience then please do apply