|Job Ref:||204594027||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum bonus, benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:48|
We are looking for a highly commercially aware Accountant with excellent stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills to join us as a Finance Business Partner, working in a fast paced environment and with an improvement focussed team and company.|
Part of a wider Group Finance Team and reporting to a Senior Finance Business Partner, in this Finance Business Partner role you will be aligned to the Managed Services business within the RM Education division of the RM Group. From flexible ICT support, teaching and learning apps and essential infrastructure hardware, to the UK's most popular network and progressive cloud-based school MIS - RM Education is a trusted advisor and valued ICT partner to thousands of schools here in the UK.
Working closely with the division's senior management, you will ensure that the financial function is deeply involved with business decision making and supports the business in making decisions that maximise the profitability of the business area.
This is a great opportunity to join us as Finance Business Partner and help shape commercial decisions for the business going forward. The role includes technical accounting ownership of long term contracts, offering development of technical as well as commercial skills with the opportunity to grow your capabilities and progress within the team longer term.
* Run regular financial reviews for the business, covering all key areas that impact on the finances from pipeline and order intake to deep understanding of what drives operating margins and operational costs. To run reviews and ensure financial control by taking actions and ensuring follow up.
* Ensure good financial stewardship and controls, in an area that has some challenging technical accounting requirements as well as undergoing significant change.
* Provide financial insights into the business model highlighting key financial dynamics.
* Forecast from Order Intake through to Segmental Profit for the business over a three year period, producing monthly rolling forecasts and more detailed plans in an annual planning cycle.
* Identify risks and opportunities, highlight the fundamental business drivers on which the finances are predicated, such as customer numbers, average selling prices and/or any other important business dynamics, and to be able to stand back from the detail and present the forecast to Directors in a way they can understand and act upon.
* Understand and model conversion metrics of working capital.
Skills & experience
* Qualified Accountant with experience of establishing and enforcing a financial control environment.
* Highly experienced Excel user, to be able to provide analysis to the business and produce and monitor long-term contract models.
* Strong communicator and influencer at different levels in the business.
* Highly numerate with an attention to detail and able to convey complex problems in a way that people can understand and act upon.
* Commercially aware to be able to provide financial insight and challenge to business decisions.
* A positive and enthusiastic influence playing a big role in driving the business forward
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
* 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
* Performance Related Bonus Scheme
* Group Personal Pension
* Private Medical Healthcare
* Income Protection
* Life Assurance