|Job Ref:||204597105||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Suffolk||Address:||Post Code:||IP15||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:44|
Job Title: API Technical Architect |
Location: East Anglia/Suffolk
Salary: to £70k plus bens package
The role will involve architecting API solutions for enterprise customers and working with the customer to deliver the full software lifecycle. This will involve requirements capture and analysis from the business and cross-functional teams to determine the proper API solution. From this you will translate business and user requirements into accurate system requirements/design specifications, before developing, building & testing the solution itself.
The role will require some travel to client sites and as such your base location can be flexible (home based).
Key Result Areas
To be successful you will have experience of working on key IT programmes with large blue chip clients. You will have a deep background in XML technologies (XML, XSD, XSLT, SOAP), API design (HTTP, JSON, regular expressions, ciphers, IP networking, Unix experience (with some of the skills of a Unix system administrator e.g. knowledge of routing tables, iptables, cron jobs, etc).
Key responsibilities include:
• Architecting integration solutions for enterprise customers.
• Producing high & low level design specifications and documentation.
• Owning the design and delivery of solutions from end to end.
• Development of and adherence to integration standards, whether development / tool related, data related, process related or messaging related.
• Interacting with Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, Application Support and Operations.
• Pro-active thought leadership se.
• Promote positive image both internally and externally.
• Take ownership and accountability for customer relationship working with sales and other teams in the business.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
• A proven track record in 'hands-on' delivering complex enterprise-scale software solutions not just architecting or designing them.
• Experience with:
• API Gateway technologies (e.g. CA API Management [Layer 7] , Apigee, Akana, Mashery) and / or,
• SOA/ESB technologies (e.g. IBM Message Broker, Fuse, WSO2)
• REST, SOAP Web Services and XML
• Cryptography, IP networking, unix experience
• Knowledge of routing tables, iptables, cron jobs
• Involvement across the full project lifecycle (to successful deployment).
• Experience with agile project delivery including TDD and CI.
• Strong understanding of industry trends.
• Significant experience of working across both technology and user areas of business.
• Credibility in front business customers at all levels and across the organisation and be able to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
• Integration Testing via SOAP UI or similar
• Previous experience programming with OS-level scripting, XML transformations (XSLT) and JAVA coding language.
• Experience with virtualized environments (VMware Server, VMware ESX/vSphere) and Cloud-based images (Amazon AMI).
• Proficient with Red Hat Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems.
• Solid experience of the Unix family of platforms.
• Excellent working knowledge of Application server technology such as WebLogic Application Server, IBM Websphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server, JBoss.
• Good Analysis and Design skills, including experience with techniques such as UML.
• Experience with: network infrastructure devices (switches, routers, load balancers); identity and access management systems (LDAP, TAM, Oracle Access Manager); reliable messaging systems (JMS, WebsphereMQ, Tibco EMS, Fiorano MQ).
• Experience with formal architectural methodologies and frameworks, including TOGAF.
Other Skills / Experience
• A delivery focused attitude with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines.
• A willingness to be flexible in terms of work location and to undertake work at client sites as and when required.
• Ability to identify the business impact of application problems on the customer.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to prioritise and plan workload for self and others.
• Ability to deal successfully with staff at all levels within an organisation.
• The ability to communicate clearly to a wide range of people both internally and externally to the organisation (as well as the ability to influence / negotiate).
• Ability to produce accurate estimates to deliver high quality outcomes.
• Exceptional customer facing skills.
• Strong written and presentation skills.
If you have the skills for the role, then please send your CV immediately