|Job Ref:||204600501||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum + Excellent Package||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:23|
Bulk handling solutions company based in Romford, Essex requires an experienced Project Manager to develop and deliver port based cargo terminal projects and terminal consultancy projects, for the companys' business units and operations worldwide. Candidates must have in-depth knowledge of the ports industry and terminal management, particularly Dry Bulk Terminals.|
Based from the Headquarters in Romford, Essex, the role will require significant overseas travel to Africa, South America, Phillipines etc.
The company manages materials bulk handling solutions such as Coal Terminals, shore to ship, ship to shore bulk handling, Mobile Bagging systems etc in a number of port terminal locations around the world. Their teams and equipment travel from location to location. They have worked in 151 locations in 75 countries. At any one time day or night they have a number of teams working in ports somewhere in the world discharging vessels or handling cargoes. This year they expect to handle 3 million tons of bulk cargo for their clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
In depth knowledge of the ports industry and terminal management, particularly Dry Bulk Terminals.
Must have personally managed terminal operations as MD or in senior operational management roles.
International experience gained through working in a number of countries.
Project Management experience covering all aspects of projects: design, development, implementation, feasibility, budgeting etc.
Vast knowledge and experience of terminal equipment, cargo handling equipment and cargo handling techniques.
Up to date knowledge of health & safety, operational, environmental and regulatory issues applicable to port and terminal operations.
Excellent communication skills.
Cultural sensitivity and awareness; with the ability to work and influence at a senior level, internationally, with partners, suppliers and service providers.
An engineering degree, or equivalent is preferred; otherwise a management degree in a relevant discipline will be considered.
Main Responsibilities for Terminals Project Manager:
* The project management of new cargo terminal projects.
* Set up and manage the cross-functional project teams assigned to each project.
* Ultimate responsibility for ensuring the project teams design, build (where required), equip, test, prove and deliver new terminals to the contracted specification, on time and on budget.
* Works with the Terminal Management business development team to develop prospective terminal management contracts and terminal consultancy projects.
* Contribute to all stages of the Terminal Management contract process: proposal development & contract negotiation through to commissioning and ultimately handing a working project over to a local management team.
* The role will involve working with company personnel at all levels both in the UK and internationally; co-ordination with company directors (one of whom is usually the project owner); functional heads; JV partners overseas, 3rd party specialist providers, port authorities and similar governmental/regulatory organisations.
* Supports the Head of the Terminal Management business stream (currently this role is taken by the Operations Director).
* Design and implement project management oversight and progress reporting on all new terminal projects.
* Set up and manage the required project team(s) using internal resources and using external expert resources where required.
* End-to-end delivery, including: financial feasibility analysis, marine and land-side analysis and design, terminal and equipment design, bulk and general cargo handling and operational techniques, health & safety, environmental, personnel requirements, setting appropriate KPIs, ensure compliance with local and international regulatory requirements.
* Takes a hands-on, on-site project manager role at critical stages of a project, and as necessary. Maintain oversight of progress when off-site.
* Maintain effective communications internally and externally for Project Management teams, keeping Head of Terminal Management Business Stream and the Directors regularly updated on progress and any developments
* Prepare regular reports on Terminal Management and Consultancy projects for Head of Terminal Management Business Stream and the Directors. Present reports at monthly Management Team meetings.
* Participate in monthly management team meeting as and when appropriate and contribute to discussions and policy decisions in relation to Group's activities particularly in relation to Terminal Management and Consultancy Projects.
This position attracts a excellent salary + package, great travel opportunity and the chance to become a pivotal member of the senior operational team, developing new projects throughout the organisation