|Job Ref:||204378449||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Post Date:||30/09/2016 04:34|
Team Description & Purpose of Role |
Working in the Oracle applications team as Database Base Administrator, responsible for all Oracle Applications platforms. The Oracle Applications team is responsible for implementation and support of Financials, Supply Chain and HR modules in Oracle R12 environment.
• Working with the Oracle functional team for day to day support in identifying, analyzing and resolving any production, development and performance issues
• This position will provide all round DBA support across the full Oracle Tech Stack (Database, Middleware and E-Business suite.)
• Responsible for patching, cloning, backups and restore of database and applications servers
• Full ownership of security and access control of all Oracle EBS instances
• Database monitoring, troubleshooting, capacity and performance tuning
• Perform software installations and upgrades
• Troubleshooting of technical issues, escalated from both the Functional and Development support teams
• Liaise with other departments and provide DBA and Systems related input
• Ownership of change control process with responsibility for implementing all support, enhancements and project changes as per installation instructions from the Oracle functional and technical teams. Management of all change control documentation and making it available for audit purposes.
• Be available to work outside normal office hours, weekends and public holidays. Provide DBA input outside working hours for major project milestones
• Handle all incidents and tasks assigned by the Oracle Applications Manager
• Experience of working effectively within the Oracle EBS team.
• Proactive with strong troubleshooting background and experience in a demanding and high availability environment
• Positive and make it happen attitude
• Responsibility for handling emergency situations and effective communication with other departments.
• Proven experience as an Oracle Applications Database Administrator
• Performance tuning expertise in both applications and database
• Implementation and adherence to change control procedures and maintenance of change documentation
• Ability to prioritize tasks and take ownership and responsibility for deliverables
• A keen team player who is able to communicate effectively across a range of levels within an organisation.
• Good Linux and Shell Scripting experience
• OCP Certified with Knowledge of SQL & PL/SQL performance tuning.
• Understanding and Knowledge of Oracle 11i/12i E-business Suite would be beneficial
• Knowledge of Oracle Virtual Machine and VMware
Degree level or equivalent