|Job Ref:||204599991||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:22|
Lead Bid Engineer, Rail Rolling Stock Systems Engineering, based Central London, permanent up to £55,000 |
A truly career defining opportunity offering a technically led systems engineering focused challenge that requires a strong appreciation of rail rolling stock vehicle architecture, general systems design and associated processes and procedures related to engineering bid activities. Based in an enviable location at the heart of London's business community the offices are modern, dynamic and readily accessible from most main line terminals.
Our client is a global leader in the provision of integrated rolling stock solutions. They have already secured significant contracts in the UK to supply new fleets of vehicles to numerous train operators. This role is to support the further growth of the business and ensure that bidding activity is in line with the expectancy of a truly global, modern and highly successful organisation.
Innovation in design, manufacture and assembly has ensured that their products attain the highest standards in safety, reliability, maintainability, efficiency and environmental regard. The company has made significant investment in the UK in terms of engineering capability, assembly and maintenance infrastructure to ensure that their business stays at the forefront of the UK rail rolling stock sector for decades to come.
They are looking for experienced rail rolling stock systems engineering professional who would help to deliver specific project bidding activity.
* Within the Engineering Team, provide technical input to ensure that a low carry-over from standard products and multisite technical teams.
* Ensuring that train layout and vehicle performances meet the customer requirements and match the Technical Winning Strategy defined with Commercial and Sales Departments.
* Guaranteeing that system functionality is optimised by taking a joined-up view of the overall, complete train functionality and requirements.
* Ensuring Systems' Definition and Performance in order to meet Vehicle Performance and enhancing potential future projects' Quality, Costs and Delivery from bid phase.
* Assisting sub-suppliers. Confirm and agree technical specifications and requirements. Carefully deliver the interface requirements between the factory and sub-suppliers, evaluating technical and commercial risk.
* Ensuring that the QA and test and commissioning activities are aligned with the SI matrices. Provide the necessary feedback into the different departments.
* Ensuring that data from internal departments is, where possible, joined up, shared and optimised to provide maximum benefit to the organisation (Design, Maintenance, Procurement, QHSE, Training, Testing, etc)
* Using knowledge of modern rolling stock, attend customer meetings.
* Providing support and validation to the RAMS activities.
* Present technical bid submissions
* An excellent knowledge of modern rolling stock design, construction, functionality and the interactions of the train systems.
* Rolling Stock operations knowledge.
* Ability to read schematics (electrical, pneumatic and mechanical), assess potential failure modes and design improvements and define key vehicle performances.
* RAMS process knowledge, particularly FMEA.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a multi-cultural team.
* An excellent standard of English, both written and verbal. Ability to produce technical reports.
* Demonstrate ability in Innovation, Business Acumen and Influencing Others skills.
* Experience of building good working relationships across all stakeholders
* Minimum related systems engineering degree.
* For UK candidates - membership of a relevant professional institution. Ideally CEng or working towards.
To discuss the role please call me on (Apply online only) or email your CV accordingly