|Job Ref:||204599954||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Letchworth||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:28|
Engineering Manager required to manage the day to day activities of the engineering function to ensure a safe working environment, delivering products to customers on time meeting all quality, regulatory and legislative requirements. The successful candidate will develop, manage and execute engineering activities and processes with the emphasis on the reduction of variation and waste in all areas through error prevention, lean manufacturing, CI activities, and compliance with business processes, applicable standards, legislation and regulations to meet customer requirements and stakeholder needs.|
My client are specialists in procurement and cyber-security, offering expert advice to clients in defence, government and industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing, managing and executing the NPI / Project Management processes to ensure product launches and projects are delivered on time, on cost to the right quality levels meeting customer, businesses and stake holder needs.
• Developing, leading and executing CI and Lean Manufacturing activities to deliver productivity improvements and cost down targets.
• Developing, managing and executing short and long term strategic objectives and KPI's.
• Manage the day to day resource requirements including recruitment, appraisals and development, ensuring the correct levels are available with the required skills sets to meet the needs of the business.
• Ensuring all engineering data is captured and analyzed against targets, taking action on adverse variation to standards.
• Ensuring standard work is documented, available and adhered to by the engineering team.
• Ensuring the adherence to the company's Business Management and Health & Safety systems within the engineering environment.
• Ensuring functional budget is controlled within the spend limits taking action on adverse variances.
• Supporting the drive to creating a world class manufacturing environment.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
• To work safely at all times in line with health and safety legislation.
• To be aware of, and adhere to all Company Safety, Quality and Hygiene procedures.
• To ensure correct personal protective equipment is worn / used by job holder.
• Ensure that identified risks are reported to Manager.
• To contribute to productivity and morale by communicating problems promptly to management and by assisting members of immediate, and wider teams, when required, to the best of job holder's abilities.
• To communicate effectively with management and other staff in order to improve morale and teamwork as well as better understanding of, and progress towards overall Company goals.
• Occasionally there will be a requirement to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
• This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post, and the job holder will be required to undertake such duties appropriate to the grade and/or position as may be required by the Manager and/or Company, to ensure the smooth running of the Business.
If you have prior experience as an Engineering Manager and want an opportunity to join an established reputable Aerospace Firm in Hertfordshire then please apply