|Job Ref:||204598958||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brixton||Address:||Post Code:||PL8||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:10|
This major UK organisation has over 8,500 employees across more than 55 sites. They provide support services to thousands of organisations across a range of industry sectors and pride themselves on their innovative approach to product and service development.|
They are currently seeking a Shift Engineer to work in the industrial laundry area of their business. This position will provide engineering support in terms of planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and remedial works to site equipment and buildings.
The Shift Engineer position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Undertake planned maintenance tasks to the relevant engineering and safety standards;
* Undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner;
* Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed;
* Report any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site to the relevant manager.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
* Relevant recognised qualification relevant to the position (electrical or mechanical C&G or equivalent);
* Experience working in a line production environment - eg: industrial laundry, food processing and manufacturing;
* Knowledge of other engineering disciplines such as pneumatics, hydraulics and steam systems is highly desirable;
* Flexibility, motivation and demonstrated problem solving capability.
Shift pattern: Continental (4 on, 4 off, days and nights)