|Job Ref:||204597925||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:09|
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier Workplace Services is looking to recruit a Fabric Engineer, who will report directly to the Fabric Supervisor. The successful post-holder will be responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive callouts, and minor installation works on building fabric.
* General fault finding and repair to sanity ware, drainage above and below ground and building furniture
* Maintain up to date records of all work carried out on plant and equipment within the site manuals, both hard copy files and electronic
* To participate within an out of normal working hours emergency call out rota and be flexible outside of core working hours
* Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, customers and work as part of a team
* Continually demonstrate an understanding and commitment to customer care
* Ensure clear communication with customers, line management and office support staff
* Carpentry, tiling, flooring and minor roof repairs
* Comply with company safety rules and maintain a high standard of discipline
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holder of a Full UK driving licence
* Holds the relevant industry qualifications
* Holder of a CSCS card
* Working at Height/IPAF/PASMA certification
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* Good level of computer literacy
* Willing to attend training courses and work outside normal working hours as and when required to meet the needs of the clients.
* Some UK travel and overnight stays may be required
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check
Kier is an equality and diversity employer