|Job Ref:||204597391||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Telford||Address:||Post Code:||TF4||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:20|
Supplier Development Engineer|
37.5 Hours Per Week
Prince Personnel are proud to be recruiting for a well-established prestigious manufacturing organisation. They are now looking for a competent New Product Introduction Engineer to join their experienced team. The NPI Engineer will be working closely with the Purchasing team as well as Engineering and Production departments in providing technical expertise and guidance throughout the NPI and supplier introduction and approval processes.
• Planning, co-ordination, monitoring, reporting and introduction of new products, projects and components in accordance with departmental procedures
• Ensure external suppliers and manufacturing processes are capable and consistent of giving the correct component specification and quality.
• Ensure the maintenance, replacement and repair/refurbishment of supplier loaned production tooling, ensuring that deliveries are consistent, correct and to component specification and quality.
• Apply approval requirements (CQRS, FMEA, ISIR) requirements to ensure correct specifications and quality levels are achieved
• Monitor plans and recommend adjustments (where necessary) to take into account deviations which could effect on time delivery.
• Apply technical knowledge in preparing SOP's and Engineering instructions
• Provide accurate information to internal engineering departments to deliver prompt and accurate introductions of Engineering Changes, Bills of Material, Product Promotions and other relevant procedures, minimising the value of redundant stock.
• Develop the maintenance and delivery of agreed cost savings, OTIF delivery and quality improvement objectives.
Overview of the candidate
To be successful for this role you must have a proven ability and experience within a Product Engineer / NPI Engineer / Project Engineer / Production Engineer or similar role where you have had heavy involvement within the NPI processes, specifically having managed supplier introduction and approval processes. Experience of working to and knowledge of ISO9011 / 14001 accreditations. A NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering will also be a requirement.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you're seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you'll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.