|Job Ref:||204597044||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||South London||Address:||Salary:||£39000 - £45000/annum benefits||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:22|
Job title: Field Maintenance Engineer|
Job location: New Cross, London
Hourly pay rate: £39-45k per annum
Start date: ASAP
My client is a global engineering organisation currently seeking a Field Maintenance Engineer to join their team in New Cross. With locations across the globe this is a truly international organisation that is seen as a market leader in the rolling stock sector.
This position works within the Field Maintenance team and will be aiding the project with regards to the various systems functions found on a train i.e. Doors and Traction systems. Within this team you will be required to have a flexible working approach in order to work on new challenges each day, all the while developing your specific systems specialism.
With this you will be working as part of a close knit to deliver maintenance projects in the rolling stock sector. Day to day tasks will include and not limited to:
* Providing technical support to resolve performance and maintenance issues
* Enhance the knowledge of train systems
* Monitor, analyse, investigate and develop solutions in line with contractual obligations
* Maintain/improve reliability and performance targets
* Accountable for the availability, reliability and safety targets
* Provide written reports and technical information
* Assist and support the technicians
* Develop safe and effective improvements to performance
* Data analysis - collecting, sentencing and censoring
* Updating and monitoring KPIs
* Fault/failure investigations and research
Ultimately the work will produce effective maintenance practises for the vehicles and site as a whole.
* 2 years + experience in a relevant role
* Practical engineering experience
* Technical knowledge of train systems
* Computer literate - MS Office, SAP & MAXIMO would be advantageous
* You will need a flexible work approach
Any experience with Electrostar vehicles would be a distinct advantage
Degree level engineering qualification
Phone: (Apply online only)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client