|Job Ref:||204596386||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Salary:||£27000 - £34000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:22|
Senior Quality Engineer / Manager (Precision Engineering) - Devon |
Exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful business, in a key role. You will be primarily involved in driving a high-quality culture, embracing lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Ensure product quality meets customer requirements, and industry standards
* Manage customer quality issues, and complaint resolution
* Provide strong, decisive management of the quality function, and quality personnel
* Investigate and eliminate causes of quality problems and follow up on corrective actions
* Lead quality team throughout the manufacturing area and manage collection and analysis of quality data
* Develop and analyze statistical data
* Contribute to the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs
* Provide support to develop process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
* Develop, implement, and audit inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions.
Personal attributes of the Senior Quality Engineer/Manager:
* Well-educated with engineering qualifications or relevant experience in a technical subject
* Dynamic, influential, with the ability to motivate, and achieve the desired results
* Qualified Quality Auditor, with practical 6-Sigma background
* Experience of a fast-paced, high volume, manufacturing environment
* Provable management experience over a Quality Department
* Provable, practical exposure to a highly lean-oriented culture
* Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc).
* Thorough understanding of engineering design and manufacturing principles
* Strength of character to lead and manage a small team of quality personnel
This is an exceptional opportunity to take your Quality career to a new level, with a first-class, industry-leading business who is the envy of their peers. There is the genuine scope for a capable, enthusiastic individual to progress into a Management role within the business.
PLEASE NOTE: Sole Agency arrangement. Any and all third party interest will be redirected to the sole managing agents, Acorn. Speculative CVs will not be accepted under any circumstances.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Acorn, who are acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client