|Job Ref:||204595834||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Bordon||Address:||Post Code:||GU35||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:10|
Our Client is a privately owned business situated on the Surrey/Hants border, and they supply Original Equipment Loudspeakers, Antennas, Plastic Parts and associated infotainment peripherals to the Automotive, Industrial, Audio-system and Medical Device Industries both in the UK and abroad (80%+ Export).|
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, specialist design and applications company. Our client is looking for a Projects CAD Engineer to help develop and grow their projects team. They are looking for a lively personality; preferably with a background within the Automotive Supply Chain, who is looking to take on this role. They offer a varied, interesting role, along with great working environment.
1. Project Management Activities
• Project planning
• Ensure timing and budget requirements are met
• Maintaining the Project Progress Index
• Main Project liaison for external international suppliers and clients
2. Engineering and CAD responsibilities
CAD, specifically CATIA V5 and Solid Edge experience, however knowledge of other Automotive client systems would be ideal. The role will consist of:
• Create and read 3D models and assemblies in Catia V5/Solid Edge and other client CAD programmes.
• Draft 2D drawings in Auto CAD
• Assist in ISIR activities
• A firm grasp of metrology and related techniques would also be an advantage.
3. APQP and PPAP alongside QC Department
• Liaise with suppliers for information relating to product reliability. Assess and act upon this information to meet quality requirements.
• Monitor documentation of both product and process of sub-contractors
• Aid in the compilation of PPAP submission and a high level of understanding of APQP process i.e. FMEA, Control Plans, R&R and basic SPC etc.
4. Experience of the following would be an advantage;
• IMDS, ELV, RoHS, REACH, HADSL and TS16949
• A second language
• Far East Manufacturing
• Experience of the Automotive OE and Tier 1 Supplier reporting portals
5. Personal Attributes
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written as EuroTec is a global company)
• Ability to work effectively as part of a small team and help out where needed
• PC literate including the use of MS Office
• A keen eye for detail necessary for reviewing technical documentation
• Focus on Time Management
• Creative approach to all business tasks
• A successful track record as project/product development engineer experience with the Automotive supply chain
Working Hours: 8.55am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: Circa £30k Dependant on experience
A car and valid driving licence are essential due to rural location