|Job Ref:||204599288||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Long Eaton||Address:||Post Code:||NG10||Salary:||£29000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:20|
Frontline Recruitment Nottingham are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a prestige client based in the NG10 area of Nottingham.|
My client design, manufacture and supply in excess of 450 high quality products satisfying the UK and overseas Educational Products market. Our products are produced under a 'World Class' quality system accredited to ISO9001, ensuring the highest possible standards are maintained. They retain the reputation of market leader in this industry, by attention to detail, a continuous improvement policy and a robust business model.
Expansion to our product range has highlighted an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a busy and highly motivated engineering team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the following:
• To provide technical information and answer technical questions from any source within or outside the company.
• To design and develop new products providing suitable production information for their manufacture and upkeep, and complete the projects within the dates and costs specified.
• To estimate, design, modify and build products in line with the company's Special Project's Procedure maintaining specification and estimated costs.
• To ensure Special Projects are completed and returned within the specified time.
• To provide technical information and liaison to achieve the Schedule Release programme for manufacturing.
• To provide technical information to assist in the generation of technical manuals.
• To train internal and external staff/customers on related products.
• CE Marking including Machinery and Pressure directives.
• A university degree in a mechanical based engineering subject that included modules in Maths, Fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and heat transfer.
• HVAC design experience
• Use CAD packages to create engineering and product assembly drawings and artworks.
• Be familiar with and understand manufacturing techniques such as turning, milling (both CNC and conventional), fabrication and folded sheet metal
• Be familiar with both 2D and 3D CAD packages.
• Have a thorough understanding of correct presentation of engineering drawings including surface finishes, limits fit and tolerances.
• Experience of using Microsoft office especially excel.
• Good theoretical mechanical engineering knowledge linked to a sound understanding of experimental engineering and experiment design
• Be able to perform design calculations.
• To be able to analyse experimental data, plot graphs and explain experimental outcomes.
• Understand Bills of Materials (BOMs) and their hierarchy.
• Use of FASTCAD, Solidworks, Corel Draw, Microsoft AXAPTA.
• Have worked in design teams dealing with bench top sized electro mechanical assemblies.
• Have an aerospace related qualification.
• Ability to project manage and lead.
• Good theoretical knowledge of subsonic and supersonic aerodynamics, thermodynamics and heat transfer.
• Be able to work alone as well as part of a small multidisciplinary team.
37 hours per week, i.e. 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday (1/2 hour for lunch), 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Friday