|Job Ref:||204599206||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£29000 - £30000/annum van||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:20|
Our client a leading national crane service are looking for 3 service/Breakdown Engineers covering the London and M4 corridor.|
Working as part of the service /Crane and project installation division providing an efficient maintenance, breakdown and projects on Overhead Electric Travelling Cranes.
* The Service Department deals with preventative maintenance contracts (PPM), breakdowns on a 24 hour 7 day basis, service follow up work (SFU), spare parts, crane modernisation and all after sales activities associated with the organisation.
* Lodge away as required dependant on the job and location.
* Overtime and weekend working as required dependant on the job location.
* Company product training will be provided as well as LEEA Accreditations and any other applicable accreditations necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Refurbishment/ Modernisation of Cranes, Hoists and Lifting Equipment.
* Crane and Gantry installation, inspection, testing and commissioning.
* Jib Crane installation, inspection, testing and commissioning.
* To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and identify potential mechanical and electrical problems with our reporting system.
* To carry out service follow-up (SFU) and/or project modernisation work related to crane conversion or refurbishment.
* To attend emergency breakdowns, identify faults and carry out effective repairs. These will generally be electrical problems, possibly PLC related.
* To document all site visits using our cutting-edge reporting technology.
* Previous specialist experience of OHETC's is preferred, ideally with knowledge of the cranes supplied by major global manufacturers.
* Must be a competent industrial electrician and/or mechanically biased and apprentice trained (NVQ level 3 or above).
* Must be able to work on your own, as part of the Service Team or lead a team of engineers depending on the nature of the jobs, duration and location.
* The individual should be self-motivated, responsible, prepared to travel throughout the UK and will be expected to work some unsociable hours