|Job Ref:||204599077||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Kidderminster||Address:||Post Code:||DY10||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:10|
Mechanical Engineer - Looms|
Excellent salary + benefits
Rotating shifts over three weeks
Our client delivers exceptional quality products around the world. Clients choose and trust them to deliver luxurious wool rich carpets that go beyond function and form.
They specialise in carpeting prime residences, iconic buildings of national and historic interest as well as many of the world`s leading luxury hotels, cruise ships, gaming and leisure venues. They are now recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their Kidderminster based team.
- Set and prepare looms for production orders and maintain during weaving process
- Ensure loom efficiency is maximised and off-loom quality meets set QA standards
- Contribute to plant and process improvements to maintain and improve efficiency
- This a shift role rotating over 3 weeks
- Reports to shift supervisor
- Plan for, and implement loom changeovers to minimize changeover time and optimise plant availability
- Ensure all TPM, PPM and refurbishment schedules are met to maintain plant availability and reliability. Here necessary reporting deficiencies
- Diagnosis of loom defects from surveillance of product and rectify faults identified in product.
- The application of correct set-up and maintenance procedures as laid down in the Plant manuals.
- To support and work in conjunction with other functions to meet off loom targets for efficiency and quality
- Set and maintain Axminster looms with Jacquards or 651 attachments
- Maintain and setup 651 attachments and have a wide knowledge of the 651 loom controls and diagnostic facilities.
- Monitor the weaving process and pro-actively identify defects before passing to the downstream processors
- Setup, maintain in optimum condition electronic and mechanical jacquard attachments.
- Manage immediate stock of spares and consumables and prepare subassemblies and components for use
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ideally knowledge of carpet manufacturing
- Axminster and/or Wilton maintenance
- Willing to challenge existing procedures and drive change
- Conscientious, diligent, pro-active, flexible
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Understanding of ISO9001 quality standards
- Ability and enthusiasm to strip machinery and reassemble
- Confident & a team player
- Self motivated.
- Able to work on own initiative, highly motivational and proactive.
- Ability to visually assess carpet quality