|Job Ref:||204595204||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Salary:||£24000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 02:21|
Re-work Technician Urgently required to rework on products following both the IPC610 electronics assembly standard and the IPC-7711/7721 PCB repair standard. The successful candidates will be required to provide technical support and training to the assembly operation on PCB rework & repair and be responsible for the rework operation and to support assembly test and quality departments to document all rework completed for reference in the future. This individual will work closely with our Test and Returns department.|
My client is part of OSI Systems, Inc, a vertically integrated provider of specialised electronics systems and components that meet the critical needs in the homeland security, healthcare, defence and aerospace industries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Possess excellent soldering skills to IPC-C-610 class 3 Rev E and excellent rework skills to IPC-7711/7721 and PCB repair skills.
• Good knowledge of electronic components, their types, values from markings or codes and how they should be reworked in an assembly.
• Confident in the operation of all rework equipment in line with manufactures guidelines ensuring the minimum of any damage to PCB and components during rework operations including BGA rework station.
• Keep clear records of "in-progress" and completed rework tasks allowing others to follow the process used and record any changes required.
• Make an assessment of the correct method to use for each item requiring rework.
• Set up the rework process to produce the optimum result.
• Using either an existing set up or a new rework procedure to repair a PCB if required.
• Minimise the possibility for damage to the components or PCB.
• Provide guidance to less experienced operators on rework methods & techniques.
• Train staff on any special techniques used to rework an assembly.
• Follow all quality procedures that cover rework & repair.
• Ensure all rework equipment is kept in good condition and is serviceable.
• Keep up to date with latest rework technologies through reading journals, attending training courses on rework techniques.
• Work efficiently and to relevant timescales
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the real chance to work for professional & technical clients within a variety of market sectors including broadcast, industrial, medical, security, counter terror, agricultural and transport infrastructure.
Forward your CV now, for further details on this exciting new opportunity