|Job Ref:||R0009372||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||20/10/2016 22:02|
TETRA Radio Technician|
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. And as we continue to grow our business, we need more talent to join us in making Britain better connected.
We are recruiting for a TETRA Radio Technician to join our Radio Infrastructure team, carrying out radio systems faulting, maintenance, installation and programming of telecommunications equipment across London Underground and Network Rail.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with TETRA experience within Operational Communications and/or Signalling to join our experienced team of technicians. It is a full time, permanent position, based in London, Waterloo.
- Carrying out 1st and 2nd line fault investigations.
- Undertake Maintenance and site repairs as required.
- Undertake installations and on site equipment swap outs and exchanges.
- Undertake equipment reprogramming and install latest equipment configuration.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team, taking the lead
- Ensure safety of him / herself, colleagues, contractors, customers and general public.
- Provide technical guidance for the other members of the team to ensure effective, safe delivery of tasks to time and cost
The post holder will be required to work a shift pattern that will change dependant on project and resourcing requirements and is subject to a reasonable notice period
Skills and Experience
- Basic Radio theory
- Tetra EBTS
- Radio infrastructure
- Airwave systems
- Tetra Radio control systems
- Tetra Radio power systems
This is a Safety Critical post working on the London Underground and successful candidates will be subject to regular, random drugs and alcohol testing.
What we offer you
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs.
We value talent and provide growth paths to all depending on the individual skills and abilities to move up the ladder.
With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries and 43% of all Thales UK roles being filled via internal movements our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
Thales UK Key Facts:
- Each year, Thales registers more than 300 patents
- A prominent retailer commissioned Thales to develop a ‘heat-sensing people counter' for use in its 400 stores
- 90% of all UK credit card transactions are secured by Thales
- Over 120,000 Thales Chip & PIN terminals have been installed across Europe
- Thales UK has earned 79 Queen's Awards for Technology and Export
- 90% of our sales are sourced from the UK
- 7% of our revenue is reinvested in R & D
- Thales has invested more than £2bn in the UK within the last 10 years
- Thales is the second largest defence systems supplier
- Thales embodies many famous companies, including Racal, Shorts Missiles, Pilkington Optronics, Redifon MEL, Thomson Marconi Sonar, Thorn Missile Electronics, Avimo, Helio and others