|Job Ref:||SEY-001-DEVELOP||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 52,000 per year||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:31|
Are you an experienced Development Manager? We need you! This fantastic business is growing rapidly. |
To assist the Associate Director of Development and take responsibility for the progress and procurement of potential new developments or phases through the technical, legal, planning and financial hurdles to the stage of signing off the Budget Pack and starting on site.
We create places people love - places of character, designed to strengthen people's sense of belonging and build enduring value for all. We achieve this through building new homes and neighbourhoods of lasting quality.
* Inspect and appraise land opportunities in conjunction with Land team and provide initial feasibility appraisals to enable a decision to be made whether to proceed with an offer.
* Liaise with Land team in completing financial analysis of sites.
* Complete land acquisition checklists and acquisition approval packs prior to site purchase for approval by Managing Director and Corporate Group. Including preparation and supervision of initial contingency budgets and financial models.
* Ensure that covenants within option / land agreements are complied with.
* Oversee the commissioning of topographical surveys and commission any other technical investigations and reports to facilitate the completion of technical investigations.
* Provide technical advice on demolition, drainage, services, highways and foundations.
* Provide fees for structural and engineering designs for inclusion in feasibility budget.
* In liaison with the Land, Sales and Legal departments arrange competitive quotes and sales of freehold reversion are to be arranged.
* Monitor progress of application drawings, distribute and collate Development team's comments, to ensure the most cost effective and suitable design solution is provided.
* Liaise with architect to ensure comments on drawings are communicated and monitor progress of drawings.
* Liaise with Local Authorities and provide information to architect and Development team to enable the design solution to be advanced.
* Liaise with external Planning Consultants and architects to ensure that programme for planning applications (often set out within options) are complied with.
* Responsible for co-ordination of multi-disciplinary specialist teams involved in the function of development proposals.
* Monitor and communicate obligations within planning agreements to the Development team.
* Passionate about our product, house building and customer service.
* A general background knowledge in property combined with a relevant qualification in Building / Civil Engineering.
* Capable of working / leading / co-ordinating a team of people, thus being able to effectively negotiate, motivate and communicate in order to influence others to ensure that the required programmes are met.
* Other useful skills include assertiveness, being decisive, flexible, good time management, organised, effective at leading / participating in meetings, works well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
In return, we offer a Competitive Salary, performance related Bonus and a Market Leading Benefits Package. We also invest heavily in the development and training of our employees, and are passionate about our people. This is principally realised via the Group's highly successful 'Learning and Development' programme and the Investor in People standard.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Land Manager, Planning manager, development manager, land, planning, local authority, feasibility appraisals, development, housing developer, land buying, land buyer,