|Job Ref:||080916||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year, Benefits||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:31|
Are you looking for a fast paced role managing the electrical engineering team within one of Scotland's biggest facilities? Do you have experience within the healthcare sector? If so, then I have the role for you!|
My client, one of the world's biggest and most revered FM firms, is looking for an electrical engineering manager to head up a team of over 15, on one of their longest running contracts. The successful candidate must be used to an incredibly fast paced healthcare environment and used to dealing with a very high volume of planned and reactive callouts.
The successful candidate must have HV/LV qualifications and experience putting them into practice, and experience in tendering/pricing small works would be very advantageous.
On offer is a very competitive salary, negotiable on merit depending on the successful candidate. There will be a two stage interview process and an immediate start, and I have confirmed interview slots over the next two weeks. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding role, with excellent support around you, then please apply immediately.
Please note: Recognised electrical qualifications (HV/LV) are essential for this role, along with demonstrable managerial experience. Disclosure is a essential.
To manage the performance and service of all staff, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure an effective and efficient maintenance service. Core elements will include Health and Safety, communication at all levels, advising management on statutory compliance, safe and efficient use of resources. To manage maintain and update the planned maintenance system based within Maximo.
* Plan and schedule all planned preventative maintenance activities for buildings, plant and equipment using the Maximo system.
* Undertake negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers to provide a cost effective service.
* Responsible for ensuring that all staff and subcontractors' response and rectification times are met and repairs are undertaken diligently, with due care and without undue delay.
* Regularly meet with staff, subcontractors and suppliers to discuss performance.
* Responsible for the safety of building fabric and mechanical and electrical plant and equipment and for safe working practices.
* Ensure that the integrity of the systems are achieved ie HV, Gas, Renal, medical gases, etc
* Ensure adherence to all Statutory Standards and Regulations and Department of Health requirements.
* Involvement in the process of tendering contracts and the selection of new sub-contractors and suppliers through liaison with the M&E management team
* Attend Union meetings and Health & Safety forums with staff and the client on a regular basis
* Ensure that Lifecycle Planning is achieved
* Responsible for bringing to the attention of the Operations Manager any unsafe working conditions, working practices, unsafe plant or equipment encountered during the execution of duties.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Hard Services Manager Electrical HV high Voltage Technical Services Manager Supervisor