|Job Ref:||BBBH141480||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Borehamwood||Address:||Post Code:||WD6||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 40,000 per year, benefits||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:32|
3rd Line IT Support Engineer - Borehamwood - £33k-£40k + Excellent benefits|
(Initially a 12 month fixed term contract).
IT Support Engineer/Systems Administrator is required by large manufacturing organisation based close to Borehamwood. You will join an established IT function and be responsible for a wide range of duties from 3rd line support, Systems Administration and Project work.
You will need experience providing 3rd line support in a Windows Server environment, in addition to this we require experience with VMware, MS Exchange and Network Support.
* Participate in Project work to enhance and improve the core infrastructure technologies
* Own escalated issues, providing 3rd line user support - owning incidents through to resolution
* 3rd line IT Support Services to a large user base (500+)
* Monitor the state and configuration of Widows Servers, Infrastructure and associated systems
* Take a pro-active role in assisting with the planning and execution of IT infrastructure projects
* Creating and maintaining support and project documentation
* Work with Project teams for service introduction and support handover
* Strong 3rd line MS Windows Server, Desktop & Active Directory Skills
* Experience of VMWare, SANs
* Experience of Microsoft Exchange Server
* Experience of VLAN's, routing and switching in a Cisco environment (desirable)
* Ideally you will have recognised MS certifications (MCITP, MCSE etc)
* Previous 3rd line support experience
This is a great opportunity to join an established IT function in a stable and well performing organisation. They have a healthy pipeline of projects so it will result in a mix of support work blended with some interesting and challenging projects.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills VMware, Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Desktop, Windows, Cisco, Networks, Projects