|Job Ref:||00015978||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 01:01|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Land Negotiator based in Houston, Texas. |
The broad scope of responsibilities will include the facilitation of all land-related activity within an OXY Business Unit. The Business Unit Land Negotiator will include frequent interaction with the BLM, Forest Service, and private landowners; acquiring oil and gas lease interests, surface interests and various permits in areas managed by asset teams and for assembling prospects.
The Land Negotiator will analyze, negotiate and prepare and/or review agreements including leases, farm outs, term assignments and operating agreements required for drilling wells to evaluate and/or develop acreage managed by Asset Teams including all compliance required for agreements as well as obtain the necessary title examination, title curative and issue final title approval and release of wells for drilling.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge and application of land and negotiating principles, theories and concepts and have a wide understanding of how Land interacts, advises and collaborates with geoscience, engineering, operations, legal, regulatory and other professional groups. The Land Negotiator will participate with geosciences, engineering & legal professionals in the decision making process for Domestic projects.
The Land Negotiator will attend company and industry meetings and represent Oxy for Land/Regulatory/Working Interest matters, interface with working interest owners, royalty owners and surface owners.
This position will also work closely with the land personnel in the Worldwide Exploration and Business Development groups within OXY. *LI-YN1
• Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Land Management, Energy Management, Business or a related field or Law degree (J.D.) from an accredited Law school
• Minimum of 8 years of in-house, broad-based working experience in traditional operations Land Negotiator roles (Permian Basin experience preferred)
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and reach closure within established timeframes
• Excellent verbal/written communication, organization and time management skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Project Management skills preferred
• Possess strong negotiation skills as well as experience recognizing, analyzing, and resolving difficult negotiating situations
• Outstanding team player with strong interpersonal skills to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary group to achieve project related goals
• Understanding of applicable county, state and federal regulatory rules and procedures
• Strong ability to work effectively and coordinate activities with other groups in field operations offices, and with other Land Negotiators in Houston
• Strong PC skills, including MS Office Suite
• AAPL and/or local Landman Association memberships, as well as having CPL status, are a plus but not required
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status