|Job Ref:||204461930||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||AL10 0AN||Address:||Salary:||£33000/annum Full Flexible Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:03|
Reporting to the Utilities Engineering Manager you will have the responsibility for the safe, reliable and compliant operation of the Electrical supply, distribution, systems and equipment supplying all aspects of the site including (but not exclusive to) electrical based automation systems such as the Building Management and Lighting management systems.|
The essentials of the role will be to provide Electrical engineering support across the company at this location and to ensure the it's fully compliant and working to the current regulations, standards, company procedures/practices. Where necessary this will entail ensuring that operations carried out within the above areas are carried out in accordance with the requirements of Industry Standards, the company's Quality System and GMP Guidelines.
Overview of responsibilities;
• Management of electrical systems, automation systems and activities within areas of responsibility.
• Ensure full compliance with statutory regulations within your area is maintained.
• Ensure Environmental, Health and Safety systems of work and procedures are in place and employed in all aspects of work undertaken
• Develop and maintain the correct level of documentation required to demonstrate compliance with statutory regulations.
• Provide input to direction and where necessary setting the maintenance requirements and frequencies for electrical Services across the EKC.
• Support and manage projects when required.
• Correct selection and erecting of equipment for the application required
• Assess the effectiveness of maintenance philosophies and approaches, update and improve where required.
• Assessment of critical spares requirements and availability.
• Propose and implement ideas for Continuous Improvements
• Reduce energy consumption on an on-going basis, implementing effective controls and use of plant.
• Control and manage service contracts to ensure maintenance activities are completed in full compliance with all statutory regulations and site standards, policies and procedures.
• Conduct Engineering and housekeeping Audits
• Work closely with Utilities Engineer to provide monthly updates
• Plan, Co-ordinate and manage plant shutdowns
• Contribute to the development and implementation of engineering standards, systems and procedures.
• Provide input to up-date the CMMS system by setting the maintenance and frequency requirements.
• Act as deputy to the Utilities Engineer
• Contracting with and managing specialist contractors for specific maintenance activities. Including undertaking due diligent assessment, monitoring performance and record keeping.
• Application of Good Manufacturing and Engineering Practices in all areas of responsibility and where applicable
• Management of the electrical services supplying manufacturing and packaging operation including: Change Management, Deviation Investigations, Corrective Action and Preventative Action (CAPA) management, root cause analysis (RCA) and continuous improvement activities.
Skills and Competencies
• Capable of working within and at times leading teams.
• Ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, management across site and external contractors.
• Proven man management skills or able to demonstrate the capability to develop such skills
• Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and projects with potentially conflicting requirements.
• Breakdown/failure root cause analysis and re-occurrence prevention.
• Good awareness of Health and Safety
• Qualified in electrical installations C&G 2391
• Wiring regulations 17th addition BS7671
• MS Office packages ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc)
• Computer Maintenance Management Systems
• Drawing Management Systems