|Job Ref:||204601166||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wanborough||Address:||Post Code:||GU3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:54|
Job Overview: Further to a successful campaign of business growth, we are working closely with one of our injection moulding manufacturing partners who manufacture safety critical components, to appoint 2x Team Leader. EXPIRES 09/09/16|
As Team Leader, you will be responsible for co-ordinating all manufacturing activities associated with the introduction of new processes into the manufacturing areas. In addition, The Team Leader will support CI activities and drive the involvement of all team members in CI activities, waste reduction, productivity, safety, and quality improvement programmes.
The ideal candidate for the Team Leader position will possess a good understanding of injection moulding, setting machines and optimising processes within a medium to high volume manufacturing environment.
This is an excellent & rewarding post for an enthusiastic & loyal individual who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and a company that places their people at the forefront of the company.
Under the direction of the Value Stream Leader and working as a member of the Production team; responsible for co-ordinating all manufacturing activities associated with the introduction of new processes into the manufacturing areas. Perform duties to ensure that budgeted manufacturing objectives are achieved. Maintain confidentiality in support of the company and its associates. Fully support, maintain and uphold the core values of the site and company.
• Responsible for the operational performance of the manufacturing team to achieve business and project objectives for volume, quality and waste levels, initiating a hands-on approach when appropriate
• Achieving the production schedule but maintaining labour costs within budgeted levels
• Responsible for ensuring that all associates working within the manufacturing area comply at all times to Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems and promote compliance to cGMP. Ensuring that team members are in compliance with GMP standards at all times
• Responsible for providing Personal Protective Equipment, ensuring that it is correct and in constant use where required
• Responsible for ensuring that all associates within the area of responsibility receive appropriate training where necessary in order to maintain compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure all products are manufactured as specified within the Quality System, and to organise corrective action to maintain the product at the accepted quality levels
• Maintaining effective control of production orders with specific batch control in line with the required quality standards
• Fully support CI activities and drive the involvement of all team members in CI activities, waste reduction, productivity, safety, and quality improvement programmes
• Manage and work closely with the technical team members to ensure a secure bond is developed and maintained between the technical support personnel and the operators
• Work closely with the project team to ensure all project activities are supported in line with the project plan and ensure a smooth transition between projects and routine manufacturing
• Participate in the recruitment of new associates and the development of team members by an on-going assessment of each individual as part of the company appraisal scheme
• Administer disciplinary procedures within company guidelines
• Administer holiday authorisation, self-certification, attendance registration and return to work interviews as per the company policy, and effectively communicate upon these to HR as appropriate and in a timely manner - Liaise with Occupational Health as required
• Control and manage overtime within budgeted levels
• Facilitate regular manufacturing team briefings, and hold Shift Start Up meetings as required to ensure a smooth shift hand-over, encouraging communication between the incoming and outgoing shifts
Additional information on competencies required
• Ability to build team working environment, not only within own team but with other teams across the site
• Must be able to demonstrate problem solving skills, providing resolutions
• Discipline to complete actions and tasks in a timely manner
• Create a sense of urgency/bias for action
• The ability to communicate effectively not only within own team but across the plant
• Must be willing to participate in development training programmes
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality in support of the company and its associates
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with a good knowledge of all related manufacturing processes
• Good understanding of injection moulding, setting machines and optimising processes for multi cavity injection mould tools within a medium to high volume manufacturing environment
• Experience of problem analysis, fault finding on manufacturing machines.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing an advantage
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance essential
• PC Skills
Key Words: "Injection Moulding Setter", "Injection Moulding", "Injection Moulding Technician", "Team Leader", "Production Leader", "Production Supervisor", "Production Manager", "Continuous Improvement", "Lean Manufacturing", "Regulatory", "Compliance"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2015/ 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles