|Job Ref:||204601219||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Car Allowance + Pension + Healthcare||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:48|
M&E Quantity Surveyor Immediately Required|
An M&E Quantity Surveyor immediately required on a permanent basis within the Birmingham area.
Fancy the opportunity to work for a vibrant and recognised UK leading contactor. With changes to their Senior Management team and having attracted some of the best Managers/Directors within the industry, they're now looking for like-minded individuals to drive this company forward.
An M&E Quantity Surveyor is required for a fantastic permanent role in Birmingham. Working on a variety of multi-million pound Retail, Commercial and Industrial projects, you will be responsible for managing sites through the Midlands region reporting directly to the Operations Director. All projects typically range from £2m - £15m.
To be suitable you will ideally have held a similar position within a contractor environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement and communicate Management systems and processes throughout the business, including Health and Safety, Quality and Environment
• Ensure that risks to the business are properly reviewed and controlled
• Monitor costs and prepare timely Final Accounts to clients on completion
• Work on own initiative and a proactive manner
• Monitor sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff
• Participate in the settlement of project final accounts
• To attend meetings with other stakeholders
• To be aware of business continuity processes
• Agreeing Final Accounts with sub-contractors
• Preparing tender Bills
• Knowledge of measuring drawings on electrical and mechanical services.
• Subcontractor variations and valuations
• Understanding of working on a live project, undertaking measurement and valuation functions
• Experience of managing low risk sub-contractors and processing subcontract payments
• Knowledge and understanding of M&E contracts in relation to projects
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
This company offers a stable future to any potential candidate, as well as working in a culture that is positive, supportive and team orientated. Working for this company will offer you the opportunity to further progress and build on your career within our industry.
If you are ready to take the next step to successfully further build on or if you know of anyone who you feel maybe suitable for this role we would welcome a personal or professional referral. We thank each successful referral with £250 of vouchers.
If there is anything else that you need to know please contact Kiran at Niyaa People on (Apply online only)