|Job Ref:||204601409||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum £50k - £60k + Package||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:48|
Quantity Surveyor X2|
Kent - Civil Engineering
£50k - £60k - Salary reviewed annually
Car/Car Allowance £480/Month
Christmas and Easter Bonuses - Pending on company profits Directors discretion
26 days holiday
6% company pension (dependent upon minimum employee contribution of 2%)
Funding for membership fees for one professional accreditation
X1 Based in Kent/East Sussex - Environmental Projects
X1 Based in Surrey/West Sussex - Highways & Bridge Schemes.
Our client has been established for over 50 years and is one of the largest, privately owned civil engineering contractors based in the UK with an estimated turnover of £80m per annum. They complete various projects including highways, Groundworks, Structures, Marine/Coastal Defence, Waste Treatment and more. Their projects values range from £50k to £15m but typical values are £1m - £2.5m.
Their Regional Office based in Kent are now seeking to appoint x2 Quantity Surveyor's to join their team to be financially responsible for multiple for Environmental Agency projects throughout the South East area with values ranging from £2k to £3m with typical projects averaging £1.5m and the other; Highways and Bridges Schemes in the Horley, Crawley and Horsham areas. You will manage the projects in their entirety from initial tender stage through to final account and be responsible for an Assistant QS and other relevant members of the team.
• Have a relevant Degree in Quantity Surveying - highly beneficial but not essential
• Eight plus years experience working within a UK contractor
• Either experience in Highways/Infrastructure (preferably section 278 and 38) or Coastal/Marine civils
• Some experience of design and construct highly beneficial
• Experience of NEC, ICC and JCT Forms of contract
• Demonstrate experience in managing projects from inception through to final account with values of up to £3m as minimum
• Have excellent communication skills and be IT Literate
• Be highly motivated with a strong desire to achieve
• Must have a stable work history
• Ideally reside within the stated areas above with office based in Mid-Kent
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated QS looking for a new position that offers on-going training and career development opportunities.
Please forward a full CV in the first instance.
MSB Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency working within the building, civil engineering and logistics sectors throughout the UK.
Highways / Infrastructure / Coastal / Marine / Civil Engineering