|Job Ref:||204604110||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:46|
Contract may be considered|
MUST HAVE - NRSWA and SMSTS
Must live commutable distance to London or in London due to the requirement for weekend working.
The post holder is responsible for delivering the project's high level objectives and for ensuring that each Project Manager and project team deliver to the project remit within budget and to a programme as agreed with the Reach Active Board and clients.
The post holder will interface internally through his/her direct report team and externally with the client to ensure project awareness is communicated widely. The post holder through personal experience will ensure contracts for purchase of equipment, installation, test and commissioning puts minimum risk to the projects.
Principle interfaces are:
* Client Project Manager for projects
* The Client Board
* External standards and regulatory organisations
* Project subcontractors
* Experience/Training/KnowledgePrime Responsibilities
* Ideally educated to tertiary level with a proven record within the Civils Engineering arena. The post holder should have at least 5 years experience in the application of principles and processes required to manage a diverse portfolio of projects; working knowledge of all safety civils BS codes; developed interpersonal and communication skills and able to manage project team members and in working closely with senior managers from a client organisation.
* Manage the project team to implement the programme agreed with the clients project manager.
* Be able to set-out jobs as required
* Define a clear set of objectives and accountabilities for all members of the project team.
* Produce timely progress reports as required by the client
* Ensure the project remit is respected and a project execution strategy is produced in accordance with the project strategy
* Ensure that the safety, quality and environmental processes and procedures are adhered to at all times by the project team.
* Results orientated through personal determination, showing tenacity for the delivery of the project remit within the timescales agreed.
* Planning and management of resource to programme, through a series of regular reviews and by planning ahead to ensure the successful delivery of the project programme
* Demonstrate commercial awareness of project remit, calculating cost implications and financial awareness of sub contracts.
* Provide leadership and direction to the project team to ensure through good communication commitment and accountability
* Develop and empower team members by encouragement through coaching and personal knowledge and experience.
* Lead by example and create a climate of collaboration with all partners by promoting a team ethic and showing commitment to the projects for which they have responsibility.
* Building working relationships both within Client organisation and subcontractors and supply chain members