|Job Ref:||204604283||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£30000/annum benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:03|
BUILDING SYSTEM ESTIMATOR|
FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE HOME BASED AND LOCATION FLEXIBLE
SHROPSHIRE BASED COMPANY
FULL TIME POSITION, HOURS TO BE WORKED BETWEEN 8.30AM - 5.00PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY
SALARY UP TO £30,000 PER ANNUM DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE
Our client is the UK's most experienced Kingspan TEK® Delivery Partner based in Shrewsbury. Specialising in Design, Engineering, Supply and Installation of high specification "Structural Insulated Panel Systems" (SIPS) buildings, designed using the latest 3D HSB cad modelling software. Focussing on carefully designing and engineering bespoke projects to deliver and meet customer briefs whilst striving to achieve maximum thermal efficiency and minimal thermal bridging.
You will be responsible for producing priced tenders in accordance with Company structures and processes. You will take into consideration client requirements, services and materials including quality. You will maintain positive relationships with our clients and ensure that an exceptional customer service is offered at all times.
To be considered you must hold previous work experience of at least 2 years within a Construction based Estimating role, hold knowledge of building material components and regulations and commercial acumen in understanding pricing, budgets and costings. You will be able to manage a varied and demanding workload on your own initiative, and be able to adapt in a fast paced working environment within a small team, whilst ensuring standards are maintained.
* Carefully inspect any new enquiries and analyse exact requirements. Inform relevant personnel of any areas which may have implications or are of concern.
* Analyse client requirements and produce accurate, clearly detailed and competitive price tenders completed within agreed timescales.
* Work from traditional plans and drawing specifications.
* Arrange any required site inspections and obtain and record any notes, photographs. Assimilate information and take account when compiling estimations.
* Assess rates, prices and services from existing and new suppliers in consideration of client requirements.
* Complete supplier/contractor quote analysis comparisons and make selection for inclusions in any price tenders.
* Obtain details of any competing Contractors if obtainable.
* Discuss requirements of each tender with relevant personnel in order to obtain and consider construction methods, proposed timescales and availability of resources.
* Evaluate proposed and drafted tenders taking into account all known conditions, requirements and costs.
* Attend any required meetings with clients in order to discuss the submitted estimation, explaining the project, basis of pricing and timescales and respond to any questions raised.
Operational and General
* Assisting in the development of leads.
* Ensuring all personnel is kept up to date with the progress of any estimations and requirements.
* Attending appointments with customers and prospective customers as required within the UK.
* Representing the Company in a professional manner at all times.
* Recording contact with customers and prospective customers within electronic filing systems and software.
* Recording and updating existing site conditions within the electronic filing systems and software.
* To produce reports as and when required outlining estimating performance.
* To continually develop your personal knowledge.
* To communicate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face meetings, written communication and telephone.
* Coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, leadings meetings when required and providing feedback and minutes where necessary.
* Previous experience of at least 2 years within a Construction based Estimating role
* Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating and H&S
* Commercial acumen, and an understanding of pricing, budgets, and costings
* Ability to confidently discuss specifications with customers
* Ability to understand technical drawings and specifications
* A natural relationship builder
* Negotiation and influencing skills
* Communication (Written & Verbal), ability to liaise with diverse personalities
* Confident and resourceful
* Highly analytical and problem solving skills
* Highly numerate
* IT Skills within Microsoft and/or Mac
* Previous experience of using Cad Design software
* Ability to work independently and problem solve
* Flexible skill set and quick to adapt and learn
* Able to follow Company procedures and processes
* Can prioritise work and ensure work is carried out to business standard
* Willingness to learn and further develop personal skills
* Driving licence holder with own car
If you are interested in joining our established and expanding business, then please forward a short covering letter outlining your suitability for the role together with your most up to date CV.
This role is being handled by C2 Retail Recruitment the leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. C2 Retail is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; all of our consultants have actually worked within retail meaning we truly understand the industry firsthand.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on (Apply online only) for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow C2 Retail Recruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
For more jobs in Retail, Fashion and Hospitality, click here