|Job Ref:||204602021||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Plus excellent package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:12|
My client is one of the leading names in the interiors market, offering clients a full fit out solution. They operate across the UK but mainly work on projects in London / South East. They have an excellent reputation for delivering quality finishes and have longstanding relationships with key clients. They are looking for 2 Technical Designers to join their team working out of their London office.|
The Role of Technical Designer:
• Act on own initiate to develop technical drawings
• Comply with current CDM Regulations and applicable laws
• Attention to detail when developing drawings / designs
• Will require the individual to take a degree of ownership for individual projects and be able to produce detailed information to the required level in a timely manner.
• He / She will be expected to attend site meetings to coordinate and resolve any technical issues at various stages of the implementation process.
• Produce comprehensive drawing packages.
• Undertake site surveys as required.
• Liaise with local authorities (planning officers, building control etc.).
• Attend site / project meetings. Build relationships with clients/contractors as part of the team.
• Prepare architectural tender/construction information.
The Technical Designer background:
• Experience in creating 2D & 3D detail CAD drawings for the construction industry
• City & Guilds Certified or equivalent
• Experience in Interior Fit out or any other Architectural discipline with attention to detail
• Experienced in the use of AutoCAD, CADDuct, Inventor or AEC and 3D CAD
• Working as part of a dynamic technical team, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the
• development of technical drawings for a wide range of interior fit out products including ceilings, floors and partitions.
• Attendance at design meetings, providing value added input into design resolutions to ensure modern construction techniques and materials are utilized, buildability issues are resolved at the earliest possible stage, construction efficiency requirements are clearly conveyed and that the cost plan is maintained in accordance with the project feasibility targets.
• Meeting with clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria;
• taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings;
• arranging meetings and liaising with designers of other trades
• Occasionally travelling to in-house production facilities and evaluating the feasibility of production;
• Producing take off schedules to enable procurement of materials.
• Working knowledge of planning/building control issues/regulations.
• Min 5-10 years' experience in a commercial office fit-out environment in a similar role
• Ability to build relationships, internally and externally.
• Team Player & Flexible approach.
• Proactive and accountable attitude