|Job Ref:||204602416||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tenterden||Address:||Post Code:||TN30||Salary:||£40000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:47|
Our client is an industry leader in the housing and property development sector. A new role has opened up in the Kent region for a Quantity Surveyor.|
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Based at the Clients site in Kent, which consists of 138 high quality houses and apartments, this position will be rewarded with excellent career progression opportunities, personal involvement on some of the most exciting and challenging projects in the South East, together with an excellent remuneration package for an ambitious individual who is keen to work on our exciting projects.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* General project coordination and administration.
* Preparation of initial site budgets.
* Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development works including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction team.
* Preparation of subcontract tender documents.
* Negotiation of subcontract packages.
* Chairing and preparation of minutes for Subcontract pre-order meetings.
* Preparation of subcontract documentation.
* Subcontract payments, variation claims and final account settlement.
* Measurement, calculation and preparation of direct labour prices.
* Processing payment of direct labour wages.
* Coordination with contractors on site.
* Site visits and inspections.
* Liasion with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
* Payment of utility services as required.
* Obtain risk assessments, method statements and safety documentation from subcontractors.
* Taking off and scheduling of materials for passing to buyers for ordering.
* Preparation of monthly cost reports for submission to Directors.
* Preparation of external valuations for finance reporting and funding agreements.
* Continuous financial advice throughout project to Site Management team.
* Attendance of fortnightly Project Review meetings.
* Ensuring cost control on site throughout the development programme to completion.
* Maintaining site files and records.
* Ensuring correct cost coding of project costs.
* Such other duties, reasonably consistent with the foregoing, as may be require
You will be a driven individual with a working knowledge of JCT forms of contract and have proven cost management and project administration abilities at a junior or assistant level. Experience of a directly employed labour force would be an advantage, but not essential. Ideally you will have residential and/or commercial project experience and relevant industry qualifications would be beneficial.
Qualifications and Training
* Experience of MS Excel and Word is essential along with a minimum of HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying