|Job Ref:||204607350||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:47|
Are you a Building Surveyor with commercial property management experience? |
My client is a Property Specialist looking for an addition to their Building Consultancy team to act as Property Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of primarily commercial properties for a range of clients. They will be maintaining and developing client contact, dealing with all aspects of day-to-day management of the properties, including overseeing rent collection, accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repairs, provision of services to common parts etc.
Interpreting and negotiating leases and landlord and tenant matters including being able to oversee licences, rent reviews, lease renewals etc.
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety legislation, preparing service charge budgets and assisting in the preparation of the service charge certificates and other financial reporting.
- Dealing with applications for licences to underlet, assign or alter
- Management of incoming and vacating tenants etc.
- Overseeing rent collection and dealing with arrears with assistance from accounts staff
- Health and Safety advice and monitoring
- Overseeing general repairs, instructing contractors, undertaking property inspections and planned
- Preparing service charge budgets and management of those properties
- Possibly undertaking some rent reviews, lease renewals and minor dilapidations claims
You must meet the following criteria:
- Proven track record in commercial property management and its application
- MRICS qualification or be nearing completion of their assessment of professional competence, desirable although not essential
- High standard of written and spoken English, especially grammar and spelling and report writing
- High level of concentration, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients
- Dependable and flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Full (preferably clean!) UK driving licence and own vehicle for business use