|Job Ref:||204607361||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 02:07|
Due to increased workload, a Project Quantity Surveyor who has the skills & experience to run multiple projects concurrently is required to work for a national contractor based out of Northampton. The successful candidate will work for the companies building division and be office based in Northampton whilst expected to make weekly site visits to their projects.|
The successful candidate will be expected to act as the Project Quantity Surveyor on between 2 and 3 projects (dependant on size and complexity). Typical projects will include industrial warehouses, leisure and retail developments, mixed use projects, schools and student accommodation. Typical project values can range anywhere from £2m up to £30m.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties & Responsibilities As Project QS within the business, you will be expected to run multiple projects in the building division. You will report to the Commercial Manager who will be on hand to offer guidance and support where required.
You will work out of Head Office and be expected to visit each site once a week. Typical day-to-day duties will include:
- Contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Cost value reconciliations
Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Client liaison management
- Preparation of final accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have the necessary skills and experience to demonstrate that they could act as the Project QS on multiple projects.
- Candidate's experience as a QS should have a strong bias towards working for a Contractors rather than Consultancies or House Builders.
- Experience of working on projects in the built environment as a Quantity Surveyor is desired
- Relevant experience is considered far more important than specific qualifications. However it would be advantageous to have completed a
Degree or similar equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a national, privately owned main contractor with a turnover of circa £500m. The building division within the business accounts for over 75% of the businesses turnover and they have experienced significant growth over recent years. They have a growing blue chip client list and are now seen as one of the leading contractors based in the Midlands region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£40k - £50k + Car Allowance & all mileage paid + Private Healthcare + Pension + Christmas Bonus + Discretionary Bonus